One Step Update - Quicken's Online service is unavailable at this time.

For this entire week thus far (4 days), every time I try to do a 'One Step Update' I get an error message reading "Quicken's Online service is unavailable at this time. Please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience."
Apologize?! Later?! It's been 4 days! Since the change in ownership, I've accepted the higher price of Quicken (annual instead of 2+ years!), but this is worse than it ever was when owned by Intuit!!
This is probably my MAJOR reason for using Quicken, the online service. There are many other products out there I could use; I'd just like to know when LATER is going to happen!!

I'm coming up on annual renewal and I'm seriously looking around for other products.

Comments

• Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What year & release of Q are you using? What operating system?
    Do you have any 3rd party software installed which may be interfering with Q going online? Anti-virus, firewall, etc.?
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • kitwmskitwms Member ✭✭
    I am on Windows 10 Home completely up to date. I am on Quicken 2019 activated Jan 2nd 2019, Version R21.16. Everything is up to date. Not one piece of 3rd party software has changed nor could any other program make Quicken say those words. This is Quicken and ONLY Quicken. This happens when no other program is running! So don't try to blame on anything else!!
  • kitwmskitwms Member ✭✭
    And, it is STILL giving me that error message and it has been almost 2 WEEKS since I have been able to do the One Step Update!
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What error messages (besides Quicken's Online service is unavailable at this time. Please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience.)? What FI's?
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • kitwmskitwms Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    NONE OTHER THAN QUICKEN. HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS? EVERYTHING else is running perfectly fine. It's now been 2½ weeks!! [removed]
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Check if Windows Defender feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
    If so, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7857675/faq-windows-defender-controlled-folder-access

Have you recently enabled a VPN? If so, this might be the problem. Try turning the VPN off and see if that helps.

• kitwmskitwms Member ✭✭
    I am so sorry, UKR, but you guys don't seem to get it. I do not EVER use Windows Defender or anything else that can BLOCK an application, much less make it say those words!! I have been using Quicken Deluxe since 1998 (21 YEARS!) and nothing else of any significance has changed ... at all. And ... I just tried to "reconcile" a credit card account and Quicken WILL NOT LET ME because the online service is not operational!! Try to blame THAT on some other app/program!! It's been almost a solid month since the online service went inoperable!! (I am attaching a JPEG of the exact message I have been receiving since Aug 25th; someone please explain to me how any program other than Quicken could produce this error box!
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review a download log file on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
      https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and select Chat or Phone support.
      Phone support is only available during posted business hours. The phone number can found at this website.
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018/2019 Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account  (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support"  when you log in with your Quicken ID.
    • To start Chat, your browser must allow popup windows from https://www.quicken.com
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.

• ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    kitwms said:
    I am so sorry, UKR, but you guys don't seem to get it. I do not EVER use Windows Defender or anything else that can BLOCK an application, much less make it say those words!! I have been using Quicken Deluxe since 1998 (21 YEARS!) and nothing else of any significance has changed ... at all.
    [Hey] - you do realize that we don't work for Quicken,
    and are merely other peer customers that try and help each other out when we can -
    [removed - violation of community guidelines]

[Yeah], the Quicken software is very fragile,
    and it breaks in very specific and unknown configurations.....
    [Yeah] - you have been using it for 21 years,
    and now, for some reason, it doesn't work...
    but, [removed], my Qwin R21.17 works just fine, so .....

• ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    The "unavailable" can be related to a couple of general areas -
    #1 - Can you log into the Quicken website with your Quicken email ID and password -
    and verify your access, and also verify your Q expiration
    #2 - Next, as has been mentioned, is anything that prohibits the Q software from reaching out across the Internet... any kind of subtle interference will cause probs.
    #3 - Next, as has been mentioned, is anything that causes grief for the software running on the computer, accessing it's files, or the QDF data file - any kind of 3rd party virus protection, cloud backup software, VPN software, firewall, etc - will cause probs
    SO... something has changed, either by accident, a Windows Update, a Quicken Update, etc -

• Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kitwms, this has to be some problem local to your computer and/or network, since the rest of us can update successfully. Try resetting network-related settings. I don’t have Win10, so I can’t be terribly specific, but the solution might be something as simple as clearing your PC’s or router’s DNS cache.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
This discussion has been closed.