Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Why do I keep getting a CC-503 error on my Chase account(s) with Mobile/Web Sync?

PollyD64
PollyD64 Member ✭✭
:s - I've been getting this error for almost a month now. I've tried the troubleshooting steps and nothing works. I've spent hours trying to figure it out. How can something that has always worked suddenly just stop working?? Is there going to be a fix? This is really becoming burdensome. Thank you.

UPDATE:
Thank you everyone for your comments. Apparently I was half asleep when I type this last night. The background of my story is that my desktop works fine when updating my transactions into Quicken. The issue is with trying to sync to Mobile/Web.

After double checking my password, I talked to Chase Tech support yesterday and was told that as far as the setup goes on Chase, everything is set up properly. They said that my Quicken mobile/web might have been stuck on my old password. I was told to uninstall the Quicken app and reinstall. I tried this. It did not work. I even went as far as actually uninstalling Quicken from my desktop. I reinstall Quicken. I went so far as to even before uninstalling Quicken from my desktop to deactivate my Chase accounts. After reinstalling Quicken onto my desktop, I went through the steps to do the mobile/web sync. It still came up with the same exact error. The CC-503 error says that Chase is saying that my password is not right. That is not true. This is why I am frustrated.

Hope that helps to explain my situation better.

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    PollyD64 said:
    :s - I've been getting this error for almost a month now. I've tried the troubleshooting steps and nothing works.
    This does not really tell anyone what you've tried. Here is the article that covers this error:
    If you are not aware, Chase requires you to authenticate Quicken access from THEIR website before you can update.

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • Calvin Hilton
    Calvin Hilton Member ✭✭
    I've been using Quicken for Chase account for years without CC-503.

Started getting CC-503 error this week.

Contacted Quicken support who had me deactivate/reactivate Chase account.

That fixed it but I'm getting same error again.

I'm looking for a permanent solution.
  • robcurci2
    robcurci2 Member ✭✭
    > @PollyD64 said:
    > :s - I've been getting this error for almost a month now. I've tried the troubleshooting steps and nothing works. I've spent hours trying to figure it out. How can something that has always worked suddenly just stop working?? Is there going to be a fix? This is really becoming burdensome. Thank you.

Hello, I just started getting this message.
    To Fix. Log Into Chase. Go to Profile & Settings --> Account Safe --> DesktopSoftware and Approve PFM. It will take some time before Chase updates their records (few hours) and then Quicken will function fine after that. I never had this error until this week.
  • Peter Marston
    Peter Marston Mac Beta Beta
    Chase had been working fine for me with QMac for several months but twice received a 103 Invalid Credentials error this week. No changes in my usernames and passwords for two sets of accounts. Deactivate/reactivate had worked (gets tiresome) but isn't working this morning. Confirmed my credentials with direct login into Chase's site directly.
  • robcurci2
    robcurci2 Member ✭✭
    To Clarify, they will also send you a secure message to validate your identity, it will not permit you to connect without that confirmed.
  • robcurci2
    robcurci2 Member ✭✭
    > @Peter Marston said:
    > Chase had been working fine for me with QMac for several months but twice received a 103 Invalid Credentials error this week. No changes in my usernames and passwords for two sets of accounts. Deactivate/reactivate had worked (gets tiresome) but isn't working this morning. Confirmed my credentials with direct login into Chase's site directly.

Please see my response, It will fix it without having to deactivate / activate.

>To Fix. Log Into Chase. Go to Profile & Settings --> Account Safe --> Desktop Software and Approve PFM. It will take some time before Chase updates their records (few hours) and then Quicken will function fine after that. I never had this error until this week.
    > They will also send you a secure message to validate your identity, it will not permit you to connect without that confirmed.

There is still no cost for this service through Chase.
  • PollyD64
    PollyD64 Member ✭✭
    Thank you everyone for your comments. Apparently I was half asleep when I type this last night. The background of my story is that my desktop works fine when updating my transactions into Quicken. The issue is with trying to sync to Mobile/Web.

After double checking my password, I talked to Chase Tech support yesterday and was told that as far as the setup goes on Chase, everything is set up properly. They said that my Quicken mobile/web might have been stuck on my old password. I was told to uninstall the Quicken app and reinstall. I tried this. It did not work. I even went as far as actually uninstalling Quicken from my desktop. I reinstall Quicken. I went so far as to even before uninstalling Quicken from my desktop to deactivate my Chase accounts. After reinstalling Quicken onto my desktop, I went through the steps to do the mobile/web sync. It still came up with the same exact error. The CC-503 error says that Chase is saying that my password is not right. That is not true. This is why I am frustrated.

Hope that helps to explain my situation.
  • robcurci2
    robcurci2 Member ✭✭
    @PollyD64 Please reread and try out what i suggested. This fixed my issue immediately following validation through chase secure message center.
  • PollyD64
    PollyD64 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    > @robcurci2 said:
    > @PollyD64 Please reread and try out what i suggested. This fixed my issue immediately following validation through chase secure message center.

@robcurci2 I checked that yesterday. It already said access approved. Thank you.
  • PollyD64
    PollyD64 Member ✭✭
    > @Calvin Hilton said:
    > I've been using Quicken for Chase account for years without CC-503.
    >
    > Started getting CC-503 error this week.
    >
    > Contacted Quicken support who had me deactivate/reactivate Chase account.
    >
    > That fixed it but I'm getting same error again.
    >
    > I'm looking for a permanent solution.

Please let me know if you have any luck
  • indyjls
    indyjls Member ✭✭
    @robcurci2 I've seen you recommend that fix today. I've tried on 2 of my Chase accounts that are giving me trouble. Sadly, it hasn't helped as Quicken can't seem to get by the invalid credentials issue. Thanks for the tip though.
  • virbert
    virbert Member ✭✭
    I started seeing the CC-503 error today. I deactivated my One Step Update, and now, Quicken can no longer log in using verified credentials. I checked my Chase AccountSafe settings, and they are set to allow Quicken to access my account. What I see in the connection log is expected. The log shows that Quicken successfully authenticates with the server, successfully gets the financial institution information, and fails when trying to access account information from Chase. The status code from this attempt returns not okay. The dialogue ends with a successful CCLogoutRequest. This appears to me to be a problem on Chase's end. Although, suspiciously, this problem is occurring after I updated Quicken yesterday to version 19.7, build 26.1.19.7.

Is there a way to track history of updates to Quicken software on Windows? It might be useful to understand immediate problems and for reporting them accurately.
    Quicken Premier R32.12
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    USA
  • benji2406
    benji2406 Member ✭✭
    I have had continued problems as well since the last update and have walked through all the recommended steps keep getting invalid credentials when they are correct. It seems as Chase is no longer recognizing that its Quicken connecting for the download.
  • tnsprin
    tnsprin Member ✭✭
    Seeing the same today. Settings on account at chase are correct. Tried reset and same error. tried disconnect and now cannot get through setup. I will wait awhile and see if it works then
  • tnsprin
    tnsprin Member ✭✭
    Not down. But they made a change, at least for me. Every so many tries it Shows up in connlog as
    J.P. Morgan Chase requires you to re-authenticate your software. Please visit your Secure Message Center online for re-authentication instructions.
    Following line in the message in the message center leads to a re-verify option.
  • Calvin Hilton
    Calvin Hilton Member ✭✭
    > @PollyD64 said:
    > > @Calvin Hilton said:
    > > I've been using Quicken for Chase account for years without CC-503.
    > >
    > > Started getting CC-503 error this week.
    > >
    > > Contacted Quicken support who had me deactivate/reactivate Chase account.
    > >
    > > That fixed it but I'm getting same error again.
    > >
    > > I'm looking for a permanent solution.
    >
    > Please let me know if you have any luck

I made the Chase Account Desktop Software change someone here recommended this morning but that hasn't done me any good so I called Chase and was told that this is a know problem that should be resolved within 48 hours.
  • PollyD64
    PollyD64 Member ✭✭
    Still no change.
This discussion has been closed.