Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Reconcile Errors w/Citi Bank Account

This discussion was created from comments split from: My reconciliation for citi bank was not working.

Comments

• Cliff Anderson
    Cliff Anderson Member ✭✭
    I have Quicken Deluxe Version R21.6 and build 27.1.21.16. I observed that the reconcile did not work on my Citi Bank credit card when I had a positive balance. Sometimes we pay ahead when we know purchases were made, creating a positive balance. If I have a $14 positive balance, reconcile is off by $28. After my balance goes back to negative, where I owe money, it reconciles correctly again. I guess that Quicken thinks no one would have a positive balance on a credit card. I am not sure if the same thing happens on my debit card. I am watching.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Manual Reconcile should work correctly.
    If you're overpaid on your balance, as weird as it may sound, you need to enter the amount of credit balance as a negative number, e.g. -123.45 (because you're normally entering the amount you owe as an unsigned positive number). Under the covers, Quicken will change this around and calculate correctly.
    If that doesn't answer your question, please provide image snapshots of what you're doing and what you're seeing and post them here.
This discussion has been closed.