Home Quicken on the Web Using Quicken on the Web
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Can I un-reconcile?

I have 1 account tranferring funds to another account. Something happened and they don't agree. I want to unreconcile the last couple of months and re-reconcile.

Comments

• Michael JonesMichael Jones Member, Windows Beta Beta
    In the app there is no way to roll back reconciliation as a one-step thing. 

You can go back and unmark all the transactions by clearing the 'R' in the CLR column.  And then you can re-reconcile forward. 

I haven't done it in a while, but it used to be that you couldn't use a new closing date that was within the range of previous reconciliations.  It LOOKS like you can now type over all of that in the dialogue box, so maybe they've changed that.  

Regardless, I'd recommend you make a backup of your file first and only make the changes in one of the 2.  If it works, then use that as your master file going forward.  If not, the restore the other one as your primary and reassess.  :)  

GL!
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Since there is no unreconcile feature in Quicken, the safest and most foolproof way is to go back to a backup and start over. Otherwise, you risk messing up your reconciliation even more if you are not careful. Of course, this may not be ideal.

That said, there is a feature in QMac 2007 that has not been re-implemented in "modern" QMac that does allow this. You can add your VOTE to Track/store Prior Reconciled Statements/periods.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click the little grey triangle under the VOTE count at the top of page 1 in the blue banner, so your vote will count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version (it may take a few seconds for your vote to register).

While you are at it, you may want to add your VOTE to related IDEAS found on the 
    List of Requests for Reconciliation Process. Click on the underlined link, then follow the instructions to add your vote to more related ideas. 

Your VOTES matter!

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen
    ? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Note that there is no reconcile function in Quicken on the Web, yet, though there was mention that they are seeking to build this. 

BTW, what version of Quicken are you using?
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

? Add your vote here:

(

• smayer97 said:
    Note that there is no reconcile function in Quicken on the Web, yet, though there was mention that they are seeking to build this. 

@smayer97 I’ve been able to reconcile in Quicken on the Web. You just select the account you want to reconcile from the sidebar, click the Settings gear icon in the top right corner of the register, and click “Reconcile Account”. 
  • I am using Quicken 2019 Home, Business & Rental Property. One of my frustations is that I use 2019 Enterprise at work all day long, and try to do the same things on Quicken and end up causing problems.
    Austin said:
    smayer97 said:

@smayer97 I’ve been able to reconcile in Quicken on the Web. You just select the account you want to reconcile from the sidebar, click the Settings gear icon in the top right corner of the register, and click “Reconcile Account”. 
    Thanks for the update. Looks like they have implemented this. Hard to keep track without proper centralized release notes.

? Add your vote here:

(

• I wasn't looking to reconcile, but to UN-reconcile a previous month. I could not find an easy way to do this so I deleted my file and rebuilt it from scratch all 11 accounts that I had to download and import data on. Now my problem is that even though on one account I imported from 2012 to current, but all that shows in the Quick account is 2017 forward. I don't know if it was the institution that didn't load the download back that far, or if Quicken didn't import it all. Thanks for your assistance though. Jaci
    edited September 2019
    It is the banks that determine how bar back you can access data. If Direct Connect or Quicken Connect do not go back far enough, you can try using Web Connect, i.e., downloading QFX data files. Sometimes that method allows access to data going much farther back.

As for un-reconciling, the only sure way is to retrieve a backup file and re-reconcile from there...again, not ideal. So be sure to add your vote at the link poste above, Track/store Prior Reconciled Statements/periods, to hopefully see this feature added in to make this possible in the future.

? Add your vote here:

(

• My bank "defaults" to just 3 years, which is the qbx file I first downloaded. Then I noticed that my bank did offer to select 2012 forward for downloading a qfx datafile. Which is what I did through Web Connect. I believe the second download probably was that far back because it was well over twice as large a file as the first download. But for some reason when I import nothing changes. I thought, maybe because 2017 forward would be duplicated. So I did a 3rd download of 2012 - 2016. Still no change. I guess I'll have to check with my bank and Q Support on Tuesday to see if they have any suggestions. When I first set up these accounts in March, I did have all data from 2012 to current. But when I tried to fix the corrupted data things got messed up and I figured it was easier to starch from scratch. By the way, the corrupted data was when one of the institutions that are connected to others, changed the naming of the transfer accounts and when I tried to change the name to what it used to be it effected things on the other side I was not expecting.
    you can double-check the content of a QFX file. It is simply a text file that can be opened with any text editor or word processor. It may look cryptic at first but you should be able to figure out the extent of the content and determine if all the dates you are after are in the file. If they are not, again it is the bank that decides.

? Add your vote here:

(

This discussion has been closed.