Capital One and American Express connection and download issues

Hello - I am having consistent issues with these 2 accounts specifically and have deactivated/reactivated multiple times per instructions, with no luck. Capital One always comes back with the error message "Could not connect" and then I try to set it up again, and it does the same thing the following day. American Express is giving me an error code of "Download Error (-28)." I also had issues with Chase, but gave up on that one. Are these running problems with these two bank connections?

Answers

• palopetespalopetes Member ✭✭
    Cap One working OK, a day or two late, but OK. Chase isn't downloading, treating the file as a new connection. The file comes up with the option to create a new account or link to a present one (and suggests the correct account that exists).
  • Mark McBrideMark McBride Member ✭✭
    I'm having issues too with Capital One
  • Philo34609Philo34609 Member
    I have a similar issue with Capital One only - no error codes but new transactions stop downloading to Quicken. Work around seems to be to re-authorize the account but this only lasts a day or 2. No prompts to do so - I only found this through trial and error.

Quicken for Mac Deluxe 2019
    Version 5.12.3 (Build 512.29258.100)
    macOS 10.14.5
  • Heidi O.Heidi O. Member ✭✭
    Hi, yes, same situation with Capital One as mentioned above. I re authorize the account, it works once, and then I get the repeated error a day later. Still getting error code -28 with my Amex Card. Help!

Quicken for Mac Starter 2019
    Version 5.12.3 (Build 512.29258.100)
    macOS 10.14.6
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Heidi,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this trouble.

The American Express account will need to be set up using Direct Connect.

For detailed steps please see:https://www.quicken.com/support/required-update-american-express-accounts-august-2019 

Capital One is experiencing ongoing issues at this time, to be notified of any changes or updates please go to the link below and bookmark the conversation.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859850/new-09-06-19-capital-one-returns-multiple-errors

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • Tushar TaleleTushar Talele Member ✭✭
    Anyone else having issues with Capital One accounts downloads being 2-3 days lagging? I have a 360 checking account, as well as, a Venture VISA credit card account. They both will not download recent (eg. day before) transactions. I've tried to setup both accounts using various options - no luck.