Anyone having trouble downloading transactions from Coastal Federal Credit Union

I have not been able to update my Coastal Federal Credit Union accounts in several days. Tried reactivating accounts but same error. Have not changed any login information.

Answers

• Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the error message you're getting?
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • Rick OlerRick Oler Member ✭✭
    For weeks I have been having a problem doing the one step update for Coastal Federal Credit Union (CFCU). I have reset the account, which fixed it a couple times, but now it won't work at all. I deactivated the account, and now cannot set up it up again. The only way I can now reconcile is to go to my CFCU web page and do the manual download. That works perfectly. How can I get the automated Online update to work again?
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you receiving any error messages?
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • peteb301peteb301 Member ✭✭
    Sync Error
    Warning
    Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers.
    Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support.
  • peteb301peteb301 Member ✭✭
    AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (CP_SCRIPT_ERROR:ccscrape.101)
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

More details, please.
    Do you use Quicken Mac or Quicken for Windows? US or Canadian version?
    What version, edition level and release of Quicken are you using? 
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?

You may want to deactivate all CFCU accounts and then reactivate making sure to connect the existing account registers in Quicken to the correct account found at the bank.

Quicken For Windows. Error CC-506. I have deactivated all 3 accounts multiple times, and then did the manual download from CFCU web page Then the accounts page said there was a better method. This basically re-activated the accounts. They automated download worked great again for a couple days. Now today, it is broken again. I followed all the instruction, but no matted what I do, I can now not set up automated download again.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rick Oler said:
    Quicken For Windows. Error CC-506. ...
    Did your bank recently change its website?
    Or did they change the account nicknames at their website so that they are now different from what Quicken has stored?
    Please read and follow instructions here:

I have already contacted Coastal Federal Credit Union, and they say they have not changed anything. My URL and login are exactly the same. This has happened many times in the last 3 weeks. I get it working for a few days, and then all of sudden I get this error again.
    I tried many different things. It appeared that it activated OK. But then when I do an online update, now I get error OL-221-A. Please understand, I have been doing this for years no problem. It appears Quicken has some issue. Please help.
  • Bob GaborBob Gabor Member ✭✭
    Same thing is happening to me with the CC-506. Quicken Support told me that I should contact Coastal. Strange thing is that if I retry the one step update a bunch of times, then I end up instead with CC-501 errors for all of my accounts that use Express Web Connect. It's been a mess for last 3 weeks or so.
    If you contact Coastal, they will just tell you other members are using this fine. This is a Quicken issue. I wish they would research it.
    We can just hope that more people report it.
  • Yes, same problem here. I've also reported to Coastal.
  • hamlordhamlord Member ✭✭
    For what it's worth, I have been having the same issue.
  • Ok, I *may* have gotten the issue resolved through Quicken Support. So far, anyway.

In my case, the problem started around the time I accepted the last Quicken update, and according to Quicken support, it seems that the update never quite finished.

Support requested that I sign out of my cloud account -

Edit, Preferences, Quicken ID, Sign in as different user
    Close Quicken and restart it.
    Sign in with exisitng account.

Then, (re)activate online access. My accounts were finally detected correctly.

No idea why this only impacted my Coastal account or if it's a permanent fix.
  • bcd_2004bcd_2004 Member
    I am having the same issues. I tried the sign out steps from Tim but still cannot connect.
    Tim, when you did "Sign in as different user", did you actually create a second userid? I tried this, but it wants to take me through all kinds of extra steps. I am afraid of messing up my subscription.
  • Rick - No. I signed in with the original user ID.
  • I checked this morning and ... it's back. CC-501, etc.
    I have tried everything you said. Plus I deactivated all 3 accounts. Now I get an error that says it cannot find any of my accounts At CFCU. I can login to my accounts via the web page OK. Quicken has really messed this up.
  • Ok. Quicken Support helped me fix it (again). We went through a variety of troubleshooting, but this is what fixed it (today). Afterwards, I restarted Quicken a few times and I downloaded several times, so maybe it is fixed this time.

This time ....
    * Make a copy of your Quicken file, File -> Save a copy as, just to be safe

* For each Coastal account in the account list,
    ** Right Click; Edit/Delete
    ** Under Online Services, Click Deactivate
    ** Under General, remove the institution name (Coastal) and the account number and click OK

* Tools -> Add Account -> Checking -> Coastal Federal Credit Union
    ** Enter credentials and find accounts
    ** Proper select "link" to link the accounts to the existing accounts

Note: My checking account number in Quicken is now different than it was before I went through this process.
  • Another afflicted user. Has been happening for several days. Same CC-506 as reported by others. I tried the deactivate/reactivate as mentioned by Tim from Raleigh and now, upon reactivating it finds my accounts but says they are all of unknown type. Not sure who's problem it is, but I'm putting my money on Quicken as I think their stuff has gotten considerably worse in the past couple of years. Maybe its time to move on to something else.
  • Joe - If you haven’t deleted the institution name and account number yet, try that too. My accounts were doing the unknown type thing too and that was why they suggested removing the account name and number.
    I followed all your instructions, but still get an error connecting to CFCU. See attached clip. I verified that the uid and pw I am using works fine by logging into the coastal24.com web page ok. On other occasions, I have tried the option to download my transactions from the coastal webpage using their download option, and that worked fine.
    I followed the above steps as well and still can't connect. I get the same "It's not your fault" screen that Rick does. Frustrating.
  • jzjz Member ✭✭
    edited September 9
    I have the same problem but with quicken for MAC (2019 Premiere Version 5.12.3 (Build 512.29258.100)). The problem only seems to happen with my existing account file. I can set up a completely new quicken file and that works fine, but not a viable solution for me since I have lots of data in my existing file. I have opened a ticket with quicken support and they are trying to escalate the case and get it resolved. Quicken support also asked me to report the problem directly to Coastal. I encourage others to do the same.

The following instructions from UKR made no difference, not even when I reset my data on the quicken cloud as well.

> Please read and follow instructions here: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-updating-accounts-103-or-101
    You may want to deactivate all CFCU accounts and then reactivate making sure to connect the existing account registers in Quicken to the correct account found at the bank.
  • The new "fix" (remove institution name and account number) stopped working today. Now I'm back to the same problem - during the update, the Coastal accounts kick out with a "Did you recently close this account?", etc., series of prompts.

Also - I tried a brand new Quicken file and it did NOT work. I got "Unknown Type" after discovering the accounts at Coastal.

I also reported the issue to Coastal.
    When I logged into CFCU this morning via web. it first made me check a box saying I'm not a robot, then asked me my extra 2 security questions. It occurs to me that Quicken broke a couple weeks ago when CFCU added these extra levels of security.
  • Having issues with downloading transactions for about a week. Anyone else having these issues with Coastal Federal Credit Union?