Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Various issues with PayPal (edited)

JohnAJohnA Member ✭✭✭
When updating Paypal Credit through Express Web Connect, the online total gets updated as expected but since June 14, no transactions are actually downloaded.

Comments

• thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @JohnA ,

PayPal and Synchrony Bank made changes that stops Quicken dead in its tracks and for the life of me, I don't understand why the change was necessary.
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R28.24 USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.5 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 20215.1000
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19041.508

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

edited November 2019
    Hi All,

PayPal Credit Transactions have been restored. However, all Transactions have been classified as Charges and Cents are missing from the Transactions.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R28.24 USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.5 USA

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• gregselfgregself Member
    I am having the same problem. Quicken shows a successful download, however no new transactions are there for PayPal or PayPal credit. When I reset the download, it does download the transactions, however the cents are all truncated and the amounts are incorrect.
  • WilliamWilliam Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    After account Update or OSU, my transactions properly downloads from PayPal, but it always reports a zero balance, which is incorrect. Is this a know issue?
  • Tom YoungTom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you saying that transactions, with dollars attached, are downloaded into your PayPal register and are shown in the register properly, but the balance in the register always shows a balance of $0?  Could you post a screen shot, suitably redacted for privacy, that shows this?
    Or maybe I'm not understanding what is reporting a zero balance.
    Not the register balance, but the "online balance" is zero. Screenshot attached.
    Here is a second screenshot showing the properly downloaded transactions, but zero online balance. Register balance is correct.
  • I am having the same problem with paypal credit and when I do a reset it still shows a zero balance when there is a charge showing online.
  • Tom YoungTom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I use PayPal but don't download since as far as I can see, based on tons of complaints at the PayPal site and here at Quicken, PayPal just doesn't work very well with Quicken.
    Did this ever work properly for you, with the online balance showing correctly?  If it did work in the past then a quick test might be to create a new Quicken file with only the PayPal Account in it and see if the online balance works correctly there.  If it does work correctly there then I'd try a validate of your working file, (backup first, of course) and see if that fixes anything.
    Maybe somebody who does download from PayPal will chime in.
    Yes. It has worked correctly for years. It is my most active account as I have a small online business. I tried Resetting" the online service but same result. I have not tried setting up a new Quicken file. I will try the validate first. Perhaps I will wait a week is see if anything changes.
    No errors found on Validate. No change in "online balance" =$0.00 after a new download.
    New Quicken file still reports online balance as zero. Going directly to PayPal.com with a browser it shows the correct balance is $1020.46.
  • Rick3Rick3 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    PayPal download transactions rounding off to the nearest dollar, no cents shown. "Show cents in amounts" is checked. Using Quicken Deluxe 2017
    I created a new quicken file and added only the paypal account. It still reports a zero balance.

How do I switch Reconcile back to Paper from Online? I know it is not recommended, but since Online is not working, it at least would give me an option.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello William,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review the information and steps available here to switch to reconcile to the paper statement.

Please let me know if these steps help!

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    Thanks Tyka. That does the trick for getting back to paper statements for reconcile. Now if someone could figure out haw to get PayPal to report (or most likely Quicken to read) the correct online balance, I would return to reconciling vs the online balance.
  • pdallen1970pdallen1970 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    > @William said:
    > Thanks Tyka. That does the trick for getting back to paper statements for reconcile. Now if someone could figure out haw to get PayPal to report (or most likely Quicken to read) the correct online balance, I would return to reconciling vs the online balance.

[removed - violation of the community guidelines]
    edited November 2019
    > @pdallen1970 said:
    > > @William said:
    >
    > > Thanks Tyka. That does the trick for getting back to paper statements for reconcile. Now if someone could figure out haw to get PayPal to report (or most likely Quicken to read) the correct online balance, I would return to reconciling vs the online balance.
    >
    >
    >
    > [removed - violation of the community guidelines]

[removed]
    edited November 2019
    (Removed- Violation of Community Guidelines)

I've tried support and the community and not received any assistance in fixing the issue - Paypal is my only business account, therefore it's my most-used account and this issue is highly problematic for many users.

(Removed- Violation of Community Guidelines)
    edited November 2019

I've tried support and the community and not received any assistance in fixing the issue - Paypal is my only business account, therefore it's my most-used account and this issue is highly problematic for many users.

Hi @pdallen1970 ,

I, for one, do not use Online Balance, in which to Balance the Registers. I like using the Paper Statements.

But I would like to see actual Value in Transactions. Meaning no rounding off numbers.
    Example: If you charge $11.99, I would not like to see a Transaction for $12.00, where I paid $11.99 not $12.00.

Online Balance should be the actual Balance at the Website.

edited November 2019
    > @thecreator said:
    > (Quote)
    > Hi @pdallen1970 ,
    >
    > I, for one, do not use Online Balance, in which to Balance the Registers. I like using the Paper Statements.
    >
    > But I would like to see actual Value in Transactions. Meaning no rounding off numbers.
    > Example: If you charge $11.99, I would not like to see a Transaction for $12.00, where I paid $11.99 not $12.00.
    >
    > Online Balance should be the actual Balance at the Website.

I've not had an issue with anything rounding. I can't imagine the issues that would create. And, FWIW, thanks for quoting my comment above - (Removed- Argumentative)
  • SystemSystem Member ✭✭✭✭
    This discussion was created from comments split from: PayPal successfully updates but doesn't download.
  • I have been experiencing the same issue. Online Balance for PayPal is always zero (see screenshot). This worked perfectly fine for many years with no problems. Please fix this bug. Thanks
  • Rick11Rick11 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Using Quicken - Home, Busines & Rental Property 2020 Version R23.14
    Windows 10 Pro ver 10.0.18362 Build 18362
  • Rick11Rick11 Member ✭✭
    So, it appears that my version of Quicken and PayPal are not friendly with each other. The PayPal downloads are inconsistent and about 2+ weeks ago, the PayPal downloads just stopped updating the ONLINE BLANCE and shows a $0 online balance all the time. This is a problem if I reconcile the PayPal account because it will show my current ENDING BALANCE as $0 too - which is not the correct ending balance in the online PayPal account. I have tried de-activating and re-activating but it does not change the ONLINE BALANCE value in Quicken. I have also ran the Validate & Repair and nothing changed.

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.
    Same problem here. I gave up and now reconcile with "paper" (i.e. Paypal website) balance.
    Same here. I even tried creating a new quicken file with only the PayPal account. Still reports zero. My guess is there is an error in the Quicken script for PayPal downloading, but I am no expert.
  • Same issue here. Have two Paypal business accounts and we have been using Paypal and downloading to Quicken for years. One Step Update (yes tried manual as well) downloads the newest transactions and allows me to categorize them. When I go to reconcile it tries to do an adjustment to take my balance to zero.
  • Marc BoydMarc Boyd Member ✭✭
    Same here. Transactions aren't coming in for at least several hours, but more often not for a day or two and my balance always shows as zero. How do we know if/when this is fixed? Or do I just have to come back here constantly to check? Does someone from Quicken look at this site or is this just for users to bounce thing off of each other?
  • Rick11Rick11 Member ✭✭
    I contacted PayPal about issues with the Quicken sync with PayPal (most of which have been discussed in the community already) and PayPal support told me to contact Quicken because they have no control over the Quicken tools to sync.... REALLY! One would think that PayPal would take an interest in their customers issues and work with Quicken to get them resolved. They know what they should be sending to Quicken and Quicken should be able to handle it correctly. They are the technical expert, I am not. If that is not the case, then I guess I/we are wasting our time and effort trying to get these issue resolved by PayPal.
This discussion has been closed.