Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Unable to open file

Any idea why I am getting this message? When I attempt to rename and open the program shuts down. FYI -I have been using Quicken for a number of years and I have never seen this before.

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender?

FAQ: Windows Defender & Controlled Folder Access
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭
    File is local, and nothing has changed in how I log on and use Quicken. Last accessed on Saturday.
  • Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭
    FYI - I use Malwarebytes Premium so the options under Windows Defender are not active.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Again, what is the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
  • Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭
    C:\Users\mattk\Documents
    I am not using an external drive.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Have you browsed to C:\Users\mattk\Documents\Quicken, right clicked on your Quicken data file and clicked Properties? Is it Read Only?
  • Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭
    It is not.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Have you restarted your computer? Try double clicking on your data file to open it.
  • Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭
    Did a restart and attempted to open from the file. Same problem. Think reinstalling Quicken would help?
  • Greg_the_Geek
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    What is the name of the file and does it possibly have a space just before the "."?
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list