Sallie Mae Banking Error CC-501

Is anyone else having Error CC-501 with Sallie Mae Banking? Was working last week. Seems like Sallie Mae Savings interface and security was updated so quicken is not able to connect

Best Answer

  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hello All,

    Thank you for taking the time to report the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

    We have received notification from our Service Providers that work is "in progress" to resolve this error as soon as possible. 

    In the meantime, this thread has been moved to the "Current Online Banking Issues" category and will be updated once confirmation has been received that the work is completed and connections restored.

    If you would like to be automatically notified once this issue has been resolved, please "Bookmark" this post by clicking the Yellow Star Icon in the upper right corner.

    Thank you,

    Sarah
«1

Answers

  • Mark WagnerMark Wagner Member ✭✭
    Not working. Looks to be a mismatch between Quicken and the new interface on the Sallie Mae site. Hopefully they get it fixed soon.
  • TexMikeTexMike Member ✭✭
    Just spoke with Sallie Mae tech support. The bank's new web platform changed its address from "www.banking.salliemae.com" to "www.salliemae.com". The financial institution information on Quicken (subscription) still has the old website address under Add Accounts which will not work because it is incorrect. Per Sallie Mae tech support, I was required to create a new online Sallie Mae account on the bank's new website at "www.salliemae.com" (including new logon ID and new password). The change was successful. However, until Quicken changes the Sallie Mae website address in its financial institution database, you will not be able to connect using One-Step update... ever -- because it is still using the old web address (www.banking.salliemae.com" so search for your accounts. QUICKEN, PLEASE CHANGE THE FI WEB ADDRESS TO WWW.SALLIEMAE.COM".
  • RickRick Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue as TexMike above. I am waiting for Quicken Tech Support, right now, to let them know they need to fix this. Quicken, please fix this ASAP. Thanks.
  • rgumpertzrgumpertz Member ✭✭
    I'm having problems too!
  • MeebsMeebs Member ✭✭
    I can no longer receive updates from SallieMae Bank after they did maintenance and updated their web site last week. CS said they no longer accept 3rd party Software, which I do not think is true. Account resets, deactivation and activation does not fix it. Is Quicken aware of this? or has their new web site a mess. ?
  • etwesleyetwesley Member
    I just changed my password to a 20 character string that met Sallie Mae's requirements. However, Quicken will not accept anything longer than 15 characters, at least when I try to re-set-up the automatic downloads.
  • bobbyrabbobbyrab Member ✭✭
    Please fix this Quicken! Sallie Mae website keeps showing an invalid password as Quicken shows an incorrect login on the Sallie Mae site.
  • David MinchesDavid Minches Member ✭✭
    I wrote to Sallie Mae and they said they are not compatible with Quicken following their system changes. They provided me with other ways to download the transactions but gave no indication that they were working to get this fixed.
  • MeebsMeebs Member ✭✭
    > @David Minches said:
    > I wrote to Sallie Mae and they said they are not compatible with Quicken following their system changes. They provided me with other ways to download the transactions but gave no indication that they were working to get this fixed.

    What is the method to download the transactions?
  • David MinchesDavid Minches Member ✭✭
    > @Meebs said:

    >
    > What is the method to download the transactions?

    They said "Currently our system is not compatible with Quicken. All transactions can be downloaded to Excel or Microsoft Money."

    Not very helpful.
  • rgumpertzrgumpertz Member ✭✭
    How long does it take for Quicken and/or Intuit to update things to work with the new website? This is ridiculous!
  • mjfureymjfurey Member ✭✭
    I certainly hope that Sallie Mae Bank hasn't stopped accepting third party software. I've had Quicken a lot longer than this account and it will be easy enough to move my money elsewhere.
  • MeebsMeebs Member ✭✭
    > @David Minches said:
    > > @Meebs said:
    >
    > >
    > > What is the method to download the transactions?
    >
    > All transactions can be downloaded to Excel or Microsoft Money."
    >
    > Not very helpful.
    >
    Usually the site provides an "Export" function to do that, however I am unable to see that option on the current SMB website. They are scheduling a site down time this weekend, perhaps they will provide it then?? IMHO, the software people should have established a software test bed to make sure it is working before they did a switch over. (-_-)
  • MeebsMeebs Member ✭✭
    Just looked at some of the log files in Quicken and obviously the download is still looking at the old web site. Interesting looking at the date function as day/month/year.
  • > @David Minches said:
    > > @Meebs said:
    >
    > >
    > > What is the method to download the transactions?
    >
    > They said "Currently our system is not compatible with Quicken. All transactions can be downloaded to Excel or Microsoft Money."
    >
    > Not very helpful.
    >

    I had the same issue with HSBC and was always given the above answer and they finally fixed the connection to Quicken. I am hopeful Sallie Mae will do the same.
  • > @Meebs said:
    > Just looked at some of the log files in Quicken and obviously the download is still looking at the old web site. Interesting looking at the date function as day/month/year.

    Meebs - https://banking.salliemae.com still works in Chrome.
    it just deep links to the below https://www.salliemae.com/login/?refUrl=/deeplink/rbank
  • Mark WagnerMark Wagner Member ✭✭
    Has anyone received any communication from Quicken on this issue?
  • Mark WagnerMark Wagner Member ✭✭
    This issue is still not resolved. Is Quicken working on it?
  • DavidSmithDavidSmith Member ✭✭
    Same issue!
  • mjfureymjfurey Member ✭✭
    I noticed that the new online banking platform is hosted by Fiserv, which is one of the biggest providers of services to the banking industry. This is used, in some form or fashion, by many other small banks; it wasn't some homegrown system. Hard to believe that it's incompatible with Quicken. Nonetheless, when I called I was told that's the case, so I closed my account.
  • David MinchesDavid Minches Member ✭✭
    > @mjfurey said:
    > I noticed that the new online banking platform is hosted by Fiserv, which is one of the biggest providers of services to the banking industry. This is used, in some form or fashion, by many other small banks; it wasn't some homegrown system. Hard to believe that it's incompatible with Quicken. Nonetheless, when I called I was told that's the case, so I closed my account.

    Were you told that it would never be compatible?
  • i just got this from online customer service "At this time, there is no timeframe to restore Quicken connection in the future."
  • Mark WagnerMark Wagner Member ✭✭
    > @George said:
    > i just got this from online customer service "At this time, there is no timeframe to restore Quicken connection in the future."
    From which customer service?
  • > @Mark Wagner said:
    > > @George said:
    > > i just got this from online customer service "At this time, there is no timeframe to restore Quicken connection in the future."
    > From which customer service?
    >

    Sallie Mae
  • todwattstodwatts Member
    edited September 11
    Add me to the Sallie Mae problem list. This is ridiculous.

    I have been using QUICKEN since the beginning ... and now am a WINDOWS SUBSCRIPTION account when we needed to. I upped for a multi-year contract.
    I've also been with Sallie Mae bank for more years than I can count.

    But now I can't update my accounts and can't get anybody at QUICKEN or Sallie Mae to even give a [removed] that I can't link or update the accounts.

    [rant redacted]
  • David MinchesDavid Minches Member ✭✭
    > @todwatts said:
    > Add me to the Sallie Mae problem list. This is ridiculous.
    >
    >
    > Quicken is the one that has to update things on their end.
    >
    >

    How do you know it is Quicken’s issue? Maybe Sallie Mae has closed the entry points in their system to external programs. This isn’t that simple especially with every site’s enhanced security.
  • Mark WagnerMark Wagner Member ✭✭
    > @David Minches said:
    > > @todwatts said:
    > > Add me to the Sallie Mae problem list. This is ridiculous.
    > >
    > >
    > > Quicken is the one that has to update things on their end.
    > >
    > >
    >
    > How do you know it is Quicken’s issue? Maybe Sallie Mae has closed the entry points in their system to external programs. This isn’t that simple especially with every site’s enhanced security.
    >

    You are right. At this point we know absolutely nothing about Quickens position regarding this issue because they have been silent. It would be nice if Quicken would acknowledge the problem and at least provide their position, whatever that is.
  • todwattstodwatts Member
    I just got off a QUICKEN chat with an agent named Jose. He was concerned about the problem.

    And while he first directed me to contact Sallie Mae ... when I directed him to this thread, and the website address change, he said he was able to see a website change for Sallie Mae on their system, but said the new address was a little different.

    He had me create a new Quicken file, and try to add my four Sallie Mae Banking accounts by calling them "loans" into the new Test file. Trying to add my banking accounts as Sallie Mae loans didn't work.

    He said he will escalate the problem. I have a feeling Quicken-Sallie Mae got their act coordinated with Sallie Mae loans .... but haven't updated the Banking side of things.

    I feel pretty confident that Jose will follow through
This discussion has been closed.