What's Happening in the Quicken Community - September '19 Edition
Welcome Back to the Quicken Community! This month we wanted to spotlight the Quicken Companion Web App.
The Companion Web App works in conjunction with the Quicken Desktop software, allowing full control to your finances at the touch of a
button, with the ability to view, add or edit your transaction information from
any place at any time on any device of your choosing.
Quicken on the Web is available to all Quicken Members with an Active Subscription and accessible from any web browser at https://app.quicken.com/
- Sync and use your Quicken desktop data on your mobile device or web browser
- Download, Add, Edit or Delete transactions on the web and see the changes in your desktop file.
- Review your Spending or View Budget Data and manage Budget Target Amounts
- Sync your investing accounts to get the latest quotes
- And more!
Key Releases & Highlights for Quicken for Mac
The long-awaited Mac 5.12 Release is Now Available! New in the 5.12 Release:
- Renaming Rules
- New Scheduled Transactions
- New Report Features
- Ability to add Opening Balance with Live Balance Adjustment
- Added “What’s New” and Release Notes to the Help menu
5.12.3 Hot Fix Release
- IMPROVED: Quicken now detects and displays a warning when the calculated loan payoff date doesn't match the actual payoff date. This might indicate that an adjustment transaction is incorrectly dated in the register or there is an error in the loan terms.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where an instance of a weekly, or biweekly, scheduled transaction that fell on the first week in January was incorrectly skipped.
- FIXED: Fixed a crash that could prevent a file from being opened. This could occur in rare cases where an unsupported, complex scheduled transaction that contained one or more transfers failed to convert to our new scheduled transactions model.
- FIXED: Fixed a crash that could occur when importing a Quicken 2007 file. This could happen in the rare case where the 2007 file had an unsupported scheduled transaction recurrence setting.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue that could prevent the balance from updating when making changes in a loan register.
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where the Quicken Support screen sharing tool (Help > Share Screen) failed to launch on macOS 10.14.
For more information and the full details of this release, please visit the Mac V5.12 Released thread posted by the Quicken Mac Product Manager, Quicken Marcus.
Key Releases & Highlights for Quicken for Windows
QWIN 2019 US R21.16 Hot Fix
- Fixed: An issue in which the One Step Update Summary was not properly displaying an error code for restricted financial institutions having multiple accounts
- Fixed: An issue in which One Step Update was required after users ran a backup of their data file.
- Fixed: An issue in which some users were experiencing crashes in the budget module.
- Fixed: An issue in which a linked Cash Account would not update properly when multiple securities were sold.
- Fixed: An issue in which Quicken Home Inventory was not passing information properly to Quicken.
QWIN 2019 US R21.17 Hot Fix
- Fixed: An issue in which the One Step Update Summary was failing for some users (CC-501/898/"It's not your fault")
QWIN CA 2019 R19.37
- New - Adding Online accounts and downloading & aggregation of transactions through Quicken Cloud Services (QCS)
- New: Access My Account directly from the Help menu (Help > My Quicken Account).
- Improvements: Number of fixes for the .Net Mainframe removal
**At time of writing R19.37 is in staged release and not available to all Users. If you have not updated to R19.37 and would like to not wait for the full release, please download and install the Mondo Patch from here.**
QWIN US 2017 R19.7
- Fixed: A few under-the-hood enhancements.
Quicken on the Web 1.4.0
- Fixed: A few UI/Display issues
- Fixed: An issue in which some users were experiencing crashes in Spending
- Fixed: A few under-the-hood enhancements
1,211 New Questions created with 1,216 answers posted and 885 Accepted Answers
New and Top-Rated FAQ Articles
- Renaming Rules in the Subscription Release of Quicken for Mac (New)
- Managing Payees in Quicken for Mac
- Learn About Reports in Quicken for Mac
- Printing Reports in Quicken for Mac
- Subscription Release of Quicken for Mac: New Investment Options (New)
- Entering Transactions in Quicken for Mac
- Register is Showing Three Separate Balance Amounts in Quicken Mac