Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How does Quicken determine what account is used for a ‘large deposit’?

I am a PNC Bank employee and my paycheck goes directly into my PNC checking account. I have a Chase credit card setup to drawn payments from my checking account. When my paycheck comes in, Quicken sends me an alert saying a large deposit was posted to my Chase account- which is totally wrong.

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds as if you have an alert setup that is not correct. To check, go to Tools>Alerts Center and expand on each of the topics to see if you can spot the erroneous setting.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • I have checked my alerts. I am not sure what an ‘erroneous’ alert setting would be. Today, I received another alert: my mortgage payment is from one PNC account to another, the Quicken alert said it was a large transaction for my Lowe’s account.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you Syncing to Mobile / Web?
    If yes, have you set up any Alerts as part of the Sync process? AFAIK, that's where alert emails usually come from.
    If you don't want alert emails, turn them off.
    If you want them, but they are incorrect, please contact Quicken Support. That's something for the programmers to look at.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    just based on your user name - going off topic -
    wonder what computer stuff you work with..
    My last world was the IBM mainframe, with Assembler, COBOL, CICS, IMS, etc....
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.