Since patch 21.16 mondo download won't run

I generally download the mondo patch every time I receive notification inside Quicken about its availability. I have always preferred to update that way for a long time. Since 21.16 and again today with 21.17 I download the file, try to "run as administrator", and basically nothing happens.

I can still successfully update Quicken to the new version from inside the program still, which I did, but was wondering what may be "set" to keep the mondo patch from running.

Since I don't even get a UAC warning perhaps because I do not have the Quicken in the C:\quickenw or C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken directory it balks at the running of the update. I tried the mondo patch on another Win 10 home as well as Win 10 Pro and the mondo patch ran OK, they do have Quicken installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken

Comments

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Tip.n.Ring

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

May I ask, have you attempted to run the Mondo Patch without selecting to "run as administrator"?

If so, do you receive any type of error message or code?

If no errors are received, where is Quicken installed?  Is it still on the C drive of the local computer?  Or installed to an alternate location such as an external hard drive or network location?

If you haven't tried running the Mondo Patch without selecting to "run as administrator", please try and let us know what happens.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Tip.n.RingTip.n.Ring Member ✭✭
    Thanks Sarah but I tried first as a user {who is an administrator}, then as Run as Administrator. Both times you see the cursor change for a bit and it does not run. As I said on other machines it ran OK as a user.

No error message, no codes and not in Task Manager running in background. Quicken is installed in C:\Users\Public\Documents\quickenw\Quicken\qw.exe with the data file in C:\Users\Public\Documents\quickenw
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is Quicken installed in C:\Users\Public\Documents\quickenw\Quicken\qw.exe and not C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken\qw.exe?
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Tip.n.Ring ,

Not Sarah, but you placed Quicken in a location, that can only be upgraded through the program, itself.

The Mondo Patch is hard-coded to look for Quicken in its normal location, only.

While Quicken will work in that location, you can't use the Mondo Patch, there.

Reinstall Quicken to its normal location to use the Mondo Patch, otherwise update through the program.

See this procedure for the folders to delete:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions
  • Tip.n.RingTip.n.Ring Member ✭✭
    That was my supposition for asking the question.

I would swear that the mondo patch ran before on this machine, and only started acting funny (not working) on the patches after 21.16 & 21.17, which is why I brought it up. I have been using this machine for over a year now.

Thanks.