Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Win10 latest release

been fighting for 2 days with restoring system to old config because the latest win10 upgrade was killing my system, problem was microsoft, no surprise,okay up and running first day. Running Quicken 2017 home and business. Was in entering transactions in sub accounts of main banking account, everything was fine. I click on my primary bank account, the one thats at the very top.BOOM, total lockedup, open task manager and close it. I can go right back in, enter and sync transaction on my phone and they appear in quicken.But if i click primary account at top, call it my main banking account--LOCK. Runa restore from another file, tried scan current file for corruption, total of about 5 errors NOT in the primary acc ount, Ill restore to old windows if they dont find a solution by weekend. Help

Comments

• Beer bill
    Beer bill Member ✭✭
    right after posting, got the bugsplatrc resource not found,trying suggestions now
  • Beer bill
    Beer bill Member ✭✭
    Ok back to first, I uninstalled, reinstalled, got ssl error, load mando patch, cleared that and one back to locked accessing main account
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    "cleared that and one back to locked accessing main account "
    WTH does that mean?  You're not being charged by the character!!!
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Beer bill
    Beer bill Member ✭✭
    no im not, but ive spent 4 hours and 2 days getting windows up and running. Good thing I have a image backup to restore and my quicken works on that. But okay, new version of windows installed , everything working now except quicken. Quicken launches and runs, until I click on my primary bank account---that just locks. Scan detects no errors, have 3 years of records in that one bank account. Now the interesting part, read something somewhere that quicken and linked bills had a problem. I have no linked bills but just bill reminders that have been acting funny lately. So I can either restore from my image backup or try something else. I cant manage bill reminds because they are all tied to that primary account which is the only thing having problems. I have restored my quicken from older backups, still having same issue. At least I have my phone quicken but I cant restore from that.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? What's the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Beer bill
    Beer bill Member ✭✭
    don't use windows defender, have another tool that scans for threats and viruses, I have two different locations I store my files and backup files, one is under user name/docs/quicken I have a few directions under that for misc items , like fathers/mothers estate, and then on a external drive. I keep 2 separate copies of my backup files, one local, other on remote drive, Nothing on the cloud
  • Beer bill
    Beer bill Member ✭✭
    restored system, getting quicken up to date, will remove all bills backup file and try once nire
  • Beer bill
    Beer bill Member ✭✭
    installed windows update, running good, still lost about another weeks of data because I had to restore from a 2 week old backup but over a week ll get it back to order, and I still have to re-enter all my bills/ reminders that I deleted before update
This discussion has been closed.