Home Quicken for Mac Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac Budgets and Planning Tools (Mac)

Is credit card balance dynamically updated and reflected in Projected Balance?

ChaiChai Member ✭✭
I wonder if there is a way in Quicken Mac to dynamically update credit card balance and reflect such balance in Projected Balance. This will be very helpful in budget planning.
Tagged:
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Hello Chai,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community with your question.

At this time, a balance column is unavailable for the Projected Balance screen.

Can you provide some more details on what you are needing to see? There may be a way to get you what you are needing.

Let us know!

-Quicken Tyka
  • ChaiChai Member ✭✭
    Tyka,
    As I accrue new credit card balance in everyday use, and I pay the full balance with every statement (which basically is a bill to pay), the Projected Balance curve in Bill and Income tab should reflect that dynamic change. Quicken Window has that capability but not Quicken Mac.
  • Hello Chai,

I have gone ahead and turned this post into an Idea thread to make this a feature request.

Other Quicken users may vote on this Idea and Idea posts are reviewed by our Development team.

Thank you for your contribution!

-Quicken Tyka
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod

Hello All,

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the Age of the request and lack of User Votes/Comments, will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to Add your Vote and a comment explaining how this Idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

-Quicken Tyka
  • sotu00sotu00 Member
    I would like to see this too. As a previous Quicken Windows user, I used to have my balance reflect. As I used the card, my bill would increase and show on the Projected Balance graph.

E.G.

I have a card that is due on the 1st of the month. Here is how I used it:

Today (5/2) my statement comes out and says on 6/1 you will owe $100. I enter into my register a payment on 6/1 for $100. From today (5/2) until 6/1 I charge an additional $50 on the card. In the Windows version, my 7/1 balance would show $50. This is the new charge. My 8/1 balance would show $0. This is because I have a total of $150 in charges, and 2 payment which total $150 ($100 on 6/1 and $50 on 7/1).

Basically, I have it setup to always pay whatever balance is due on my next available scheduled entry. This is the way it works in the Windows Version.