Q2017 R19.7: A few under the hood enhancements

The release note for R19.7 is in my title. I'm on Windows 10. Is there any way to find out a little more detail about what this release actually does. I am avoiding any updates unless they address an issue I have or impact a feature I use. This wording is not descriptive. Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Jeff Nicoll

Thank you for taking the time to share your question with the Community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

The R19.7 release contains fixes and improvements for "behind-the-scenes" processes.  These type of improvements aren't typically User facing and more often than not aren't visible when using Quicken.

When a User facing fix/feature is released, the Release Notes will always include a little more information regarding items included in the release that affect Users, such as reported bug fixes.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if there are further questions/concerns.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Jeff NicollJeff Nicoll Member ✭✭
    Thanks for trying, but no, it's not really helpful.

If something is not "user facing" it can still affect how Quicken operates. Why else would you make the effort to update the software? If the update is to include support for another foreign language, I don't need that one and it's not worth it to me to update. If the update makes the connection to my bank more stable and/or secure, I wouldn't consider that "user facing" but I want that one. This kind of information is exactly what release notes are for.

So I guess for now, I'm still not updating.
  • basegadbasegad Member ✭✭
    I'm guessing this "update" just activates the next round of never ending campaigns that Quicken runs to sell us the next version before they extort the upgrade money from us be turning off connectivity to our financial institutions like they have in the past.

I understand Quicken Sarah's response above but if you want us to install product on our PC and trust our private info to it, you need to be more transparent in what is in a release.

I also will wait until there is a release that clearly demonstrates some value to me before I go through "upgrade risk".
This discussion has been closed.