Home screen cell ("item") missing categories, but correct if clicked to open

I posted this over the weekend and it appears it was buried, so I will try once more during the week and see if anyone has an answer...

So this seems like a weird one. I am on Q R19.7 for Windows, Running on W10, FYI.

My home screen has a number of boxes or cells, Quicken calls them "items", on my customized display - Inc vs Expense, Asset Allocation, etc. One of them is Expenses. The graph is set to show Last Month of expenses in a pie chart, which it does, with the list of the categories and amounts next to the graph.

But I noticed that the graph is missing some categories. There is no apparent rhyme or reason as to why - it shows Insurance and Groceries for example, but not Vacation or Household. Despite that all of them are checked to include in the Customize window. Even weirder, if I click on the graph (which explodes it to a new window), the exploded graph DOES show those categories and the corrected graph. It is only wrong when on the Home Screen.

Anyone ever encounter this? Know any way to fix it? Thanks!

Answers

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like nobody has a good answer.
    Could you provide us with some more details, please?
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the image.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots
    To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361
    Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.
    To attach the image here, start composing your reply in the "Type your comment" box at the bottom of this webpage. Drag and drop the image or, at the top of the text entry window you'll see a row of icons beginning with B I S
    Click the "Attach image" icon (the one that looks like a tiny landscape with mountain and sun). It will allow you to select and upload the captured image file(s) from your computer. The captured image(s) will be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.

• MigiziMigizi Member ✭✭
    edited September 10
    Sure. Here are the screenshots.

First, here is the Home Screen. Note the "Expenses" cell, on the right side. it is a standard item to add to a home screen - Expense, from the last month. It shows the amount in each category (which I blacked out), and it's percentage, and shows a pie chart of them:

Now, I click on the pie chart (or the list), which pops (or explodes) that cell or item open to full size. Note that now, the categories are in a different order, with different percentages, because some categories (like Household and Vacation) were not in the list on the home screen:

This doesn't make sense, as all I am doing is clicking on the item to open it up. The Home Screen version should have all the same categories, yet it does not. Any ideas why? Thanks in advance!

(Looks like it inserted the images at the bottom instead of embedding them. The image names should make it clear - Home Screen, and Exploded Expenses.)
  • MigiziMigizi Member ✭✭
    FYI, I chatted with Support on this. Tried removing and re-adding categories, and accounts, from the widget. Tried a File Validation. Tried a Super Validation. Tried deleting the widget from the screen and re-adding. None of this worked. There is either a bug, or a data corruption. I have no way of knowing which.