Schedule QM Transaction Downloads

Has anyone created a script (that can be scheduled) to start Quicken and perform a transaction download to update accounts? I miss the schedule feature in Quicken for Windows.

Best Answers

• Scott SaylorScott Saylor ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    It worked! I disabled the screensaver password, scheduled the Mac to wake and created a calendar event to execute the Automator update script a few minutes later. I also made a change in the Quicken Status Window to show all, even when no errors. This provides confirmation that the update did occur. Thanks all!!

Answers

• RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not, but you could do this easily with Keyboard Maestro ($36).
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Scott SaylorScott Saylor Member ✭✭
    I worked up a Workflow in Automator to start Quicken and then recorded the mouse click steps to start Quicken and update transactions and it does work. I scheduled the Workflow as an event in Calendar and got it to adhere to a schedule, however, the Desktop has to be open to execute successfully. It will not run successfully if the screen saver is active, or user is logged out. I might be able to add a login step in the workflow. As I recall, the Windows version raw as a task completely.in the background.

I’ll check out Keyboard Maestro but it may have the same limitations if it’s just a screen scraper.
    Nothing is going to work if the account is logged out. Probably not either if the Mac is asleep. I don't think KM will be affected by the screen saver being active though. Or by display (not computer) sleep. KM might be able to wake the computer at a certain time.
    Good point! I never paid attention to the Schedule button on the Energy Saver Preference Pane.
    Great suggestions. I think I could create the necessary cascading events -
    * Energy Saver scheduled to wake/Login (I have auto login set for my account)
    * Schedule Calendar task that executes the Automator script
    I'll let you know how it goes.
    Thanks!
    Accepted Answer
    It worked! I disabled the screensaver password, scheduled the Mac to wake and created a calendar event to execute the Automator update script a few minutes later. I also made a change in the Quicken Status Window to show all, even when no errors. This provides confirmation that the update did occur. Thanks all!!