Why can't I buy 2 year Premium Subscription

I have tried to buy on Quicken site, but no matter what card I use (Amex Platinum, Visa Debit), the site tells me it can't process my card, and directs me elsewhere to buy. I can't seem to find a two year subscription on Amazon or elsewhere, only one year. Doesn't Quicken want to sell this product????

Answers

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What country do you reside in?  Because that's the most significant reason for the refusals.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • bhamiltonbhamilton Member ✭✭
    USA (New Jersey)
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    And, I assume that the cards were issued in the US also.
    So, what's the exact message that you get on the Quicken site?  And when did you get it most recently?
    Q had server problems of the past weekend ... and that MAY account for the inability to make the purchase.
    So, I'd try again.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would check on Amazon for probably a better deal and I bet you won't have any trouble placing the order.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW 2015, 2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• bhamiltonbhamilton Member ✭✭
    Yes, cards are issued in USA.

The message is

"Something went wrong

We apologize for the inconvenience. For some reason, your payment isn't going through. Please click the "Change" link on previous page to provide new credit card information. "

I did try Amazon, but could only find a one year subscription, not a two year.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    bhamilton said:

I did try Amazon, but could only find a one year subscription, not a two year.
    The important part is the $/month.  Just because it is 24 months doesn't mean it is the best price.
    Unless you are a "new" user to subscription Quicken, Q rarely has the best price and it generally is MSRP ($0 discount)
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW 2015, 2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have any popup blockers active in your browser?
    I recently had to change my Firefox options Privacy / Content Blocking from "Strict" to "Standard" to make a quicken.com webpage cooperate.

If that doesn't do it:  Call Quicken Support on the phone. Let them do a screen share session with you to review the purchase process and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
      https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and select Chat or Phone support.
      Phone support is only available during posted business hours. The phone number can found at this website.
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018/2019 Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account  (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support"  when you log in with your Quicken ID.
    • To start Chat, your browser must allow popup windows from https://www.quicken.com
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.

• ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    splasher said:
    bhamilton said: I did try Amazon,
    but could only find a one year subscription, not a two year.
    The important part is the $/month. 
    Just because it is 24 months doesn't mean it is the best price.
    Agreed - do the $$ per month calc - and look around -
    Quicken 2019 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10