Allow more than 5 accounts to be displayed on the "Returns by Account" window

Followup to this discussion: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7852465/bug-in-returns-by-account-chart-on-my-home-page

This problem still exists, and there doesn't seem to be a good reason for it. Is this one of those things, where maybe 20 years ago when we were using tiny CRT monitors, some lazy engineer decided to hardcode the number of allowable accounts to display, instead of figuring out the proper code to scale it based on monitor size?

The "Returns by Account" window on my homepage is ridiculous looking...especially on my 27" monitor. I've got 10 investment accounts, but it will only display 5, and I've got 3 times as much white space on either side of the visual bars than the width of the bars themselves.
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you click on Show Full Graph you can see all of your accounts.

Also you can put more than one copy of the graph on the Home screen, customized to show different accounts. This can be helpful if you want to show the returns of your taxable and retirement accounts separately.

These are not fixes but workarounds.
    -- Jim QWin Premier subscription
  • KnnNikeKnnNike Member ✭✭✭
    The latest version of Quicken still has this problem. I have about 10 closed investment accounts, all of which are marked as hidden AND "show hidden accounts" on the account list is not checked...nonetheless, these still appear in the Average Annual Return section.

This seems to be a bug, whereby the AAR section is ignoring the hidden account indicator
  • KnnNikeKnnNike Member ✭✭✭
    This is still an issue in the latest version of Quicken
  • SystemSystem Member ✭✭✭
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Why are "closed" accounts showing in "Average Annual Return"?.