Home Quicken for Windows All Things Canadian (Windows)

Home & Business for Property Management

I came back to Quicken to just manage my personal transactions only in the last month (Sept 2019) and after purchasing read that there had been a property management version that was now integrated into Home & Business so I upgraded. However, I don't see any of the categories or options I would expect like preset categories like tenants, or something like a wizard to add properties or anything that makes my landlording/property management job any easier. Is there some kind of module I can download to create those categories or will I just have to put my nose to the grindstone and figure those out on my own?

I did just buy it to organize all my personal transactions but I thought it was serendipity that there was a Property Management version. Anyone know if there's any way to get that configuration on my Home and Business subscription? Failing that a book that would help me choose the right categories?

Thanks

Joe

Best Answer

• CoolHandJoeCoolHandJoe Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you Greg. Unfortunately, the instructions provided in that post don't match up with what comes up on my version (Quicken 2019 Home & Business) it seems things have moved around. However, It did give me an opportunity to look around.

Just in case someone else finds this post.

In the Category List click Options in the bottom left -> Manage Categories -> Click drop down list under Available categories and select Rentals & Royalties. There appear to be a bunch of categories that would be helpful.

Answers

• Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • CoolHandJoeCoolHandJoe Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you Greg. Unfortunately, the instructions provided in that post don't match up with what comes up on my version (Quicken 2019 Home & Business) it seems things have moved around. However, It did give me an opportunity to look around.

Just in case someone else finds this post.

In the Category List click Options in the bottom left -> Manage Categories -> Click drop down list under Available categories and select Rentals & Royalties. There appear to be a bunch of categories that would be helpful.
This discussion has been closed.