Quicken Deluxe 2019 on Win 10 1903 (18362.356) doesn't open

Hi, all --

I get to add to the "Quicken won't start" list. I'm running Deluxe 2019 that *did* work earlier this summer after installation when 2017(?) quit talking but which now on 1903 / 18362.356 doesn't open. Whether double-clicking or selecting and hitting enter, whether with Ctrl-Shift or Ctrl or no keys, the cursor changes to an hourglass for 3-10 seconds and then goes back to a normal cursor. Nothing shows up in the Task Manager to show that it's even attempting to start.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and rebooting a lot, installing the Mondo Patch, creating a new user, disabling all firewalls & antivirus, rebooting in safe mode, and adding Full Control access to the qw binary. Quicken phone support in two calls totaling nearly two hours has finally given up and told me to go to a local IT shop, which isn't practical. And, of course, I've scoured Google and this community and for other Microsoft discussions and haven't found any other advice.

I'd like to know if there is a truss or strace equivalent under Windows that will let me watch the system calls to see how far it gets or what is blocking it. I also have not yet tried rolling back to an earlier build or before 1903 entirely; that's next on my list while I hope for replies here. I also have not tried to install Win7 (which is no longer supported anyway, and if I were going to go back in time I'd prefer XP :-) nor have I bought a new PC (which would have 1903 or later on it anyway).

Any ideas?

Best Answer

Answers

This discussion has been closed.