Error when adding Citi accounts to mobile (updated topic)

Karen Vierra
Karen Vierra Member ✭✭✭✭
Lost my ability to sync to Mobile with Citi Cards. Notation received: "A connection to your financial institution could not be established". This started with the new setup requirements from Citi. I was able to get the main account setup to work. Does someone have a solution for this?

Best Answers

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Citi has added a new requirement for Quicken & Quickbooks users to "link" or "register" their computers. See the Announcement.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Karen Vierra
    Karen Vierra Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Thanks for your response...Yes, I knew about this, and took care of it. Citi is showing that I have 1 account: Quicken Windows 2018.

However, I'm not able to get Mobile/Web Sync to work. I think this is a different topic that needs to be addressed.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may be the same topic. My impression from performing the steps myself is that Citi wants you to "link" every "device" of yours that connects to it. So maybe it considers your Mobile/Web connection to be a "device" (or even 2 devices) and you need to go through the process again.
    I don't use Mobile or Web. I'm afraid of them and don't need their functionality. So I can't give you more specifics.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Herman
    Herman Member ✭✭
    I have one credit card from citi bank ( i have another one as well , no trouble ) that I cannot get to sync to my mobile app. When I try I get the error CC-501. I have authorized successfully for citi bank to syn with my quicken desktop etc.
    I have gone to mobile web - add or remove accounts and made ssure that account is selected, butg when I sync I get the error message.
    Can this be corrected?
    Thanks
  • Karen Vierra
    Karen Vierra Member ✭✭✭✭
    I still cannot add Citi to Mobile & Web. I tried initiating the Activate Process from the Citi website, then went onto Quicken and tried to enable it on Mobile & Web. I continue to receive the same error: CC-501 A connection to your financial institution could not be established.

Is someone working on this issue? Or, better yet, has someone found a solution that I'm not seeing?
  • rhupe
    rhupe Member
    I also have the same problem.
  • Tim1
    Tim1 Member ✭✭
    Same issue here. It is working normally as Direct Connect in Quicken, but won't allow to add to mobile and web. Enabled Citi online access security feature and still no luck. Something else must be the issue.
  • Tim1
    Tim1 Member ✭✭
    > @Karen Vierra said:
    > Thanks for your response...Yes, I knew about this, and took care of it. Citi is showing that I have 1 account: Quicken Windows 2018.
    >
    > However, I'm not able to get Mobile/Web Sync to work. I think this is a different topic that needs to be addressed.

Agree. I think the Mobile/Web sync issue is a different issue. Got Quicken Citi to work, can't get Mobile/Web sync to work. Think the issue lies with something I can't control.
  • Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭✭
    I can do a one step update to my Citi accounts but when I try to add them to my mobile app they will not connect. I checked to make sure the password is correct but still no go. I can add my Bank of America account with no problem. I also synced my Citi account with Quicken so I do not think that is the issue. I just downloaded R21.17 so I am up to date. As it is now my Quicken mobile app is useless to me. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭✭
    Also I get a cc501 error after trying to add accounts
  • Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭✭
    Error setting up accounts from Citi Cards CC-501 error
  • baezra00
    baezra00 Member ✭✭✭
    I am still receiving Error: CC-501 when trying to sync Citicards to Web and Mobile. Please let me know when this will be resolved. Thank you.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    To reestablish Direct Connect to my Citi Cards account after August 25th, I deactivated the Online Services of all the registers associated with the financial institution, approved access at the citi.com web site, selected Tools > Add Account..., authenticated, and when Quicken provided a list of the accounts found at the financial institution, I linked each of the accounts to the existing registers. 

I suggest you remove the Citicards accounts from being sync'd to the Quicken Cloud. Just before you add the accounts back to the list of accounts to be sync'd to the Quicken Cloud, log in to the citi.com web site and approve access.

• I am also getting the CC-501 error when I try to add my Citi account to the mobile app. I know that Citi recently implemented new security controls and I had to log onto my Citi account and allow the Quicken desktop app to connect to my account. Citi gives you 10 minutes to complete the connection after you authorize access. I had no problem doing it and Quicken Desktop continues to download with no problem after I completed that security step. However, I can't add my Citi account to the mobile app and going back into Citi's web site to start the 10 minute security access timer does not help either. Hopefully someone else will have figured out what is causing the issue.
  • Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭✭
    My problem exactly.
  • baezra00
    baezra00 Member ✭✭✭
    I can update my Citi Card information to the Quicken PC application but unable to connect and sync to the Web/mobile. CC-501 Error still occurs. This started last week with the new procedure and the current update does not help. Deactivating the accounts and reconnecting does not help. I called Citi last night and they were no help so I was hoping the 27.17 update would help and it does not. Please help....Thank you!
  • baezra00
    baezra00 Member ✭✭✭
    Any fixes to the CC-501 errors for Citi Cards? I am able to download to my Desktop Citicards accounts but still unable to Sync to the mobile and Web. Currently, I do not have access to Citicard transactions on my mobile app. Please help since Citicard is unable to help. Thank you!
  • baezra00
    baezra00 Member ✭✭✭
    Hello Sherlock, I tried again to go through the process you discussed in your post and I still have the issue and I am unable to Sync with Mobile and Web with my CitiCard accounts.
  • Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭✭
    I too am experiencing the same problem
  • I have successfully reconnected my Citi credit card account to Quicken for Windows. I cannot get it to sync with Web or Quicken mobile. I get "Quicken cannot access this account" error at Citi while trying to set up "sync" access. Is there a solution to this issue? Is the problem being investigated?
  • I have tried the fix that was proposed by Citi multiple times and it still won't download my account information to Quicken. Anyone have any suggestions. Called Citi and they are passing the buck.
  • OL-301-A error code is coming back continually
  • Karen Vierra
    Karen Vierra Member ✭✭✭✭
    jwarrenH61: I recommend you work directly with Quicken Support via Chat.

Since I still can't get Citi to work in the Mobile and Web function, I worked directly with Support. The Mobile and Web issue was escalated by the person I was working with, and I hope to hear back some time next week.

By the way, before I contacted Quicken Support, I contacted Citi. They blew me off, just like you.
  • System
    System Member admin
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Citi accounts no longer showing in OSU settings.
  • Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭✭
    This is not a Citi Cards problem but a Quicken problem. It seems every time they fix something it causes another problem. Please advise me what to do with my mobile app as it is useless to me now.
  • Tomjmurphy
    Tomjmurphy Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue trying to add Citi to mobile link. Works fine on desktop after reregistering with Citi but mobile fails.
  • Karen Vierra
    Karen Vierra Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quote from 9/3 Announcement: "The Companion Web App works in conjunction with the Quicken Desktop software, allowing full control to your finances at the touch of a button, with the ability to view, add or edit your transaction information from any place at any time on any device of your choosing".

This tells me I should expect to see all the accounts I have set up in the OSU function in the Desktop App to be duplicated in the Companion Web App. However, it seems the Companion Web App is using the settings from the Mobile and Web function instead. I know this because I've been unable to set up my Citi account in the Mobile and Web function, even though the account is okay in OSU.

It seems that both the Mobile and the Web apps are both pretty useless, right now!
  • MIDIPanic
    MIDIPanic Member ✭✭
    > @Karen Vierra said:
    > Lost my ability to sync to Mobile with Citi Cards. Notation received: "A connection to your financial institution could not be established". ....
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Similar here: Beneath all three of my CITI card accounts in the mobile app, I see "Connectivity Error: Swipe to fix". After selecting the "FIX IT" button in the mobile app, the error I get for all three of my CITI credit card accounts in the mobile app is: "We are unable to connect to to Citibank Credit Card at this time. Please try again later."

This has been ongoing for over two weeks. It did seem to start around the time that I had to reconnect the desktop app due to CITI's new security requirements (https://citi.com/datamanagement).

Hopefully someone from Quicken who monitors the forum can let us know if there is a universal solution in the works for this. I think it would save Quicken support numerous individual support calls.
  • Karen Vierra
    Karen Vierra Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    >@MIDIPanic, >@Tomjmurphy, >@lwhitton2, >@baezra00 I recommend you escalate your issue to Quicken Support (via Chat), like I did. I think the more people who contact them directly about this, the better.
  • Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭✭
    I am having the same problem with Citi Cards. One step update works fine but it will not sync with Mobile.
This discussion has been closed.