Downloading from citicard into Quicken is a mess.

I have talked with Quicken two times for several hours, my accounts are still a mess. My total spending for the year is off by thousands of dollars. Are there independent tech people that can help. Im about to quit using Quicken.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Do not search the web for Quicken tech support and just pick one and call them.  There may be some honest ones out there, but most are scam artists just trying to rip you off.
    You might check with the local accountant society if they know of anyone, at least they would be on the up and up.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • mo85
    mo85 Member ✭✭
    Thank you. Have you had any luck trying to talk to a tech in quicken in the United States and perhaps a supervisor?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    mo85 said:
    Thank you. Have you had any luck trying to talk to a tech in quicken in the United States and perhaps a supervisor?
    I have not had a need to contact Quicken support, so I can't comment on that.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • mo85
    mo85 Member ✭✭
    Thanks
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not had problems downloading my Citi Costco Visa card using "Citi Cards" as the financial institution name. Other account types at Citi ... well, that's a different can of worms.

In case of transaction download problems

Please provide more details.

What version and release of Quicken are you using? Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to determine year/version and release.  You must be on the latest release (patch) level for your supported Quicken version. If you're missing patches, update your software first.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
    What error codes, error messages, symptoms do you get?
    What bank(s) are you having issues with?
    What account types (checking, savings, etc.) are you having issues with?
    Does this problem occur when you run One Step Update from your desktop or when you initiate a download using the Quicken Mobile App or Quicken on the Web?
    What have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

Quicken for Windows users: If you feel like beginning to troubleshoot this yourself, please read and follow instructions here:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7292554/actions-windows-desktop-users-can-take-to-remedy-connection-errors-and-password-change-issues

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Mo85,

Are you able to provide any more details?

Are you experiencing trouble downloading transactions or are the accounts balance incorrect and that's the concern?

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~