Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How to get past bank downloads

I've just started using Quicken for Mac 2018. My initial bank download only had the past 3 months transactions. How do I get more, or must I add prior transactions manually?
I did see a similar question addressed, the but answer specified it was only for the Windows version.

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Accepted Answer
    SummerDay said:
    Thanks. I can't find Account>Settings. The dropdown menu under "Accounts" shows the "Settings" greyed out.
    You need to have the account selected in the sidebar.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    The bank controls how far back transactions are supplied when downloading. Most supply only 90 days. However, check your bank's website and see if it will let you download a QFX file containing transactions going further back. If you can get this file, the easiest way to import it is to drag and drop it to Quicken (or just double click it). Import it as a NEW account. Then drag and drop the (non duplicate) transactions from this new account to your existing account in the sidebar. When done, delete the new account.

You can also try the Troubleshooting setting in Account > Settings, but this rarely works:

• SummerDay
    SummerDay Member ✭✭
    Thanks. I can't find Account>Settings. The dropdown menu under "Accounts" shows the "Settings" greyed out.
  • RickO
    Accepted Answer
    SummerDay said:
    You need to have the account selected in the sidebar.
This discussion has been closed.