One Step Update error OL-1-B - amounts are zero

Updates from within Quicken gets an OL--1-B error and stops. Manual update D/L from my bank to Quicken adds transactions to my check register with the Txn no., date, and payee, but all the amounts are $0.00, payment and deposit. It started after my last update YR: 2019 Version: R.21.17 Build: 21.1.21.17 Is there a fix? Existing forum solutions from earlier versions were not effective.

Comments

• Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the name of your FI and how are you connecting?
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • cmmplmcmmplm Member
    G-T-G...

first: Quicken YR: 2019 Version: R.21.17 Build: 21.1.21.17

My FI is Pentagon Federal CU. I connect through "naked" DSL from AT&T. I.e. until I allowed the last Quicken update last weekend...
    As a test, I would create a new Quicken data file, add your bank account and try downloading transactions.
  • cmmplmcmmplm Member
    Greg, Thank you for the solution. Created a new file which downloaded all accounts, correct data, dates and amounts. Does a successful D/L of my accounts mean I have to add my other asset and debit accts to the new file, or does this mean the old file is fixed and will no longer yield the OL--1-B err msg?

Don't want to try the old file in case it corrupts the new one unless you think it OK to try. Else, do I quarantine the old file, e.g.?
    I suggest deactivating Online Services for the problem accounts. One by one, add each account back as a new account. If that's successful, you can move all the transactions from the old account to the new one. Please make a backup first.
  • cmmplmcmmplm Member
    Outstanding advice! My dad used to say, "Finding someone who knows the answer is always a gift." Thanks!