Just started having issues with First Citizens Bank account updates

I recently upgraded to Quicken for Mac 2019 Deluxe. I was able to easily associate all of my accounts including three held at First Citizens Bank. I recently (last successful update was 09/16/2019) started having issues connecting to FCB and the connection constantly times out and says the URL is unresponsive. I have attempted to disassociate the accounts and reload them as suggested in other postings. The issue I am having appears to be a repeat of some issues several years ago where the Quicken connection said I had to update my password. It says the password has to be 4 characters which is flat-out incorrect. It also said I need to complete an "online application" to get my UserID and PIN - I already have a UserID and password to FCB and have no issues connecting to them through the web or by app. It appears that the only issue I have connecting with them is through the Quicken program. Any help would be appreciated. I noticed the alert for GTE refusing aggregation requests and wondered if FCB may be doing the same thing. Thanks!!!

Best Answer

Answers

• John_in_NCJohn_in_NC SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25
    Which "First Citizens Bank" is this? (I.e., Based in Raleigh, NC, etc.) There are several in various regions that are completely independent. 
  • It is the one in NC. It is not regionally listed in the bank list. The listed one I am using (same URL and phone number) is First Citizens Bank, Direct Conn. It was working fine until around 16/17 September.
  • Thanks! I agree the naming structure is a bit strange. However, based on your advice I tried the WV listing and was successful!
    I was using the Direct Conn so somehow it let me in originally. May never know.
    Doesn’t really matter and a sincere thanks for the info!!
    Good. You might have some refresh issues while they work through the back end resolutions. Don't deactivate next time-simply wait and retry later. (I wouldn't retry more than twice in a day.)

The Quicken team will get this worked out.

And Howdy from Statesville!
  • DBWnNCDBWnNC Member
    > @brgoddardnc said:
    > It is the one in NC. It is not regionally listed in the bank list. The listed one I am using (same URL and phone number) is First Citizens Bank, Direct Conn. It was working fine until around 16/17 September.

I found that if you are using FCB in NC, you should select the "Direct Connect" option. During the signup you will be asked if you want to use "Web Connect" or "Direct Connect". The Web Connect is the free version and Direct Connect is the paid version.
    DBWnNC said:
    > @brgoddardnc said:
    > It is the one in NC. It is not regionally listed in the bank list. The listed one I am using (same URL and phone number) is First Citizens Bank, Direct Conn. It was working fine until around 16/17 September.

I found that if you are using FCB in NC, you should select the "Direct Connect" option. During the signup you will be asked if you want to use "Web Connect" or "Direct Connect". The Web Connect is the free version and Direct Connect is the paid version.
    Yes, you will have to subscribe/pay to use the Direct Connect option. Web Connect is free, but quite manual as you have to go fetch/import the file.

The free automated options I mentioned above are still having sporadic issues-usually during periods of high server activity. Funny how all these problems started right around the time they started marketing their own "Manage My Money" aggregation platform.