Home Quicken for Windows Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)

Bill Reminders skipping months - still not fixed after R23, R24, R25*

Answers

• ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    klsut said:
    I have received the update but the issue still is recurring.
    just so we know -
    What Quicken version are you now running..... -- Help -- About Quicken
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • klsutklsut Member
    ps56k I am using the Quicken Subscription with the R22.12 update. I did the link that Tmac referred to and from the looks of it, what I did may have worked but now I need to reschedule my reminders.
  • clamage45clamage45 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Quicken Deluxe R22.12, Windows 10: Since the last two updates I have been seeing the same problem reported by various people above: Bill reminders skip ahead one or more intervals after paying a bill when you next open Quicken.

To reproduce: Have a number of reminders, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly. Pay some bills. Close Quicken. Open Quicken, notice that some reminders have skipped one or more intervals. For example, pay a monthly bill due on the 10th of each month. After closing and re-opening Quicken, notice there is no reminder for next month, but there is one 2 or 3 months ahead.

(rant-removed)
  • KleinDanielKleinDaniel Member ✭✭
    Sarah, Quicken Admin, shut down the last discussion I participated in about this topic saying R22.12 would fix this months-old problem that is experienced by many. The update did not fix it. Some, not all, bill reminders, fail to update correctly after the bill is paid. Sometime it skips one month, sometimes three or four months. There is no rhyme or reason. Updating the entry does not repair it. Deleting the entry and setting up a brand new entry does not repair it. Validating the database has no effect. Please, Quicken, pay attention to this problem. It has been happening for months and months. It can cause some people to miss bill payments. It is a serious issue, and deserves high priority.
  • gobiggobig Member
    > @gobig said:
    > > @QWMax said:
    > > With all the changes going on in Bills & Income reminders, this area of quicken has become very unstable, for me at least. Over the years it has worked as expected but now I have several issues occurring randomly.
    > >
    > > 1) random double entries in registers
    > > 2) Scheduled bills not appearing in All Bills & Deposits (although trying to add tells me it already exists)
    > > 3) Linked to Biller column says "Link it now" however it is linked and clicking on the bill row changes the message to the biller it is linked to. Moving to another row (unhighlighting) changes it back to "Link it now"
    > > 4) Although bills are due monthly, I recently have seen several skipping the next month and suggesting the next due date is 2 months away.
    > >
    > > Maybe I am the only one seeing these issue? What used to work flawlessly now behaves erratically and is undependable.
    >
    >
    I am also experiencing issue #4 above. The B&I list is my ONLY reminder for several bills since no paper bill is supplied and some billers do not send eReminders. I have relied on this list for years without any issues until this bug came up earlier this year. I have made a couple of payments late and was charged fees because the next scheduled due date skipped out two or three intervals and I was not reminded. PLEASE FIX IT!!

PS - I use Deluxe 2019 R22.12, Build 27.1.22.12
  • Running Quicken Deluxe Windows R22.12 and am having a similar issue. I click "Ignore" in both the account "Bill and Income Reminders" and Tools ==> Manage Bill and Income Reminders and the reminders will not go away. I finally just entered them into the register and then deleted them, now a few days later they are back.
  • TMacTMac Member ✭✭
    klsut - did Quicken data copy/validate process create a lasting fix for your issues, or do you still see reappearing reminders and inability to ignore? Your fix may also be solution for terzogenito...
    Quicken user since 1991 - Premier Subscription, Windows 7
  • klsutklsut Member
    TMac, yes it did work for me, however, it actually deleted all of my reminders and I had to go back in and set everything back up again. No big deal just a little extra work. Thanks for your help on that. :)
  • joe kanejoe kane Member ✭✭✭
    Upgraded yesterday to 22.12. Before upgrade I did all my data updates, paid some bills, and backed up.

I did the upgrade, all seemed ok. I quit quicken, and there was a crash during the close.

I reopened Quicken just to check, and three of my reminders (for bills I had just paid before the upgrade) were back in the active reimnders (to be paid). Thinking it was just a fluke for the ones right beforehand, I did a manual 'ignore' reminder for the three.

This morning, upon start, Ive got a see of old reminders (long since paid) going back to june showing as overdue, and future reminders are sparse.
  • joe kanejoe kane Member ✭✭✭
    Update: I downloaded the Mondo Patch for 22.12 to try to reapply it manually. The patch starts but doesn't seem to execute, and is trying to access Windows Error Reporting before it dies.
  • SystemSystem Member ✭✭✭✭
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Bill and Income reminder issues.
  • artgartg Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    First, I've Validated my file and I'm running the latest update. I'm on Windows 10 (64 Bit.) My new issue is: When I do a transaction download from my bank/investment company suddenly a handful ( half a dozen or so) scheduled bills change scheduled dates in the Bills and income tab. What I find amazing is that it's the same group of bills every day and they only change the month (not the day.) I've tried deleting and rebuilding just those Bills to no avail. By the way, I'm talking about a yearly Property Tax bill I write a check for in November to the County and a handful of checks I write in mid-December for holiday gifts. Certainly this is a not a catastrophe but it's certainly an annoyance and I expect much better out of Quicken. Finally, last week I had a problem with Syncing to the Cloud and that was solved with a "Hot fix." I sure hope I didn't fix one problem and generate a new one.
  • stevan.skeelsstevan.skeels Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    [removed - rant/off-topic]

Bills & income view keeps screwing up. 
    I tried to redo the payments and it looked good (showed monthly payments) till I viewed "Projected Balances" : March 2020 my account went into a nose dive.
    I looked and found 2 mtge payments per month! [removed]
    I still don't know how to fix my Electric and credit card bills. They disappear from the current month so each month I have to find them in the next month and edit them to have the "next payment" in the current month. repeat...repeat...
    What's wrong with this picture?

I can't find any support. All I could find is "report a problem...we won't respond to you....but will use this information for future..."

[removed - violation of community guidelines]
    Just now I found that my city utility payments disappeared till April 2020.
    Boy this is annoying!
    Now the same thing happened with my cell phone carrier!
  • Lee EdwardsLee Edwards Member ✭✭
    Hello, I have updated to the R22.12 release for Quicken for Windows 2019 and still having the same problem. For me it is only loan payments (mortgages, car, etc.) that are skipped. It does not happen for utilities and other payments. It always happens if I make an entry to update the capital balance to match the statement. Since the balance is usually just a few cents off from how Quicken calculated the principal and interest I have quit making that entry but it will randomly skip a payment for no other reason that I can find. I have rental properties so I have to manually keep track to make sure all of the mortgage payments are made on time so I don't get hit with a late charge because I relied on the Quicken reminders. I really need this fixed.
    Thanks,

Lee
  • kuhawksr1kuhawksr1 Member ✭✭
    Scenario: I have a bill reminder set for annually on 10/25. I updated the dollar value of the bill for this and all future occurrences. Change reflects on calendar and in Bill and Income Reminders list as expected. I closed Quicken. When I reopened Quicken the reminder on 10/25 was gone, both on calendar view and in list view. When I opened Bill and Income Reminders list view it had moved to some day in December.

This is a big deal and appears to have just started with R23.4, Build 27.1.23.4 (Windows Premier Subscription).

I now wonder how many reminders I've got that have moved themselves without my knowledge. Bill Reminder Due dates should not be changing unless I change them.
    Additional Info. I watched this behavior happen during the Sync process. When I closed Quicken I was prompted if I wanted to sync. When I selected yes, I noticed that during sync the reminder on the calendar for 10/25 got wiped out. It moved itself to 12/6/19.
    This is a big deal. I am having same problem with bill reminder due dates changing themselves. Not all of them, some of them. I noticed it happened during a mobile sync.
    I updated the topic title to reflect the actual Q&A -
    This problem has been reported in other threads.... we might have this one merged.

• I am having the same issue. Randomly I will have a bill reminder skip a month and go to the following month. It has caused me to encounter late payment charges in 2 instances. What is the deal?
    Following a sync this morning, my bill reminder set to occur annually on 10/25 prior to the sync had been changed to begin on 1/5/2020 and occur on the 5th of every month after the sync was completed.
  • This is a software issue for me. Prior to the R22.12 27.1.22.12 update this has been very frustrating. If there were a way to go back to the prior version I would do so in a heartbeat! Any indication as to when a fix will be posted for download. The Mondo patch was not helpful at all. It did run to completion.
  • Bob34Bob34 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Is there going to be a fix for the bills and reminders skipping a month for no apparent reason? [removed - off topic]
  • KleinDanielKleinDaniel Member ✭✭
    This problem is ongoing and I don't understand the silence from Quicken. Today I paid a bill from a reminder. When I posted it, the detail below the register showed I needed to print that check and also showed that same reminder updated for one year to 2020 (which would be correct). As soon as I printed the check, the reminder showing below the register changed to the current year (and showed it as past due) even though I had just paid it. I will edit the reminder for this and future periods to update the date, but I should not have to do this, the software should automatically update the reminder. PLEASE Quicken, address this issue. It I a critical problem. Thank you.
    edited October 2019
    As you report on this ongoing topic -
    Please always include your current Quicken version ....
    .... Help --> About Quicken
    latest QW2019 is R22.17 -
    And it might help to include the sequence of steps that led to your Reminders issue.
    I've updated the topic title ....for R22.xx
  • Brian135Brian135 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    > @ps56k said:
    > As you report on this ongoing topic -
    > Please always include your current Quicken version ....
    > .... Help --> About Quicken
    > latest QW2019 is R22.17 -
    > And it might help to include the sequence of steps that led to your Reminders issue.
    > I've updated the topic title ....for R22.xx

(removed- argumentative)  It was stated by Quicken Sarah on this forum that 22.12 would fix the issue. This thread was started in response to that after 22.12 came out and didn't do squat!
    edited October 2019
    I'm running QW 2019 - R22.12 - 
    Had an interesting puzzle tonight with a Reminder vs incoming download transaction.
    A monthly transactions - for Planet Fitness - hits around 16th of the month.
    The OSU downloaded the transaction - I manually Accept - vs auto Accept.
    SO...it didn't match any entered Reminder... hmmmm -
    I went to look, and the Reminder was for 11/16 vs like 10/16 - ok - a "problem" -
    Reset the date - today is the 18th - wanted to reset Reminder to 16th of each month.
    Did that - BUT - when reviewed - it had jumped to 12/16 - not even an 11/16 -
    OK - we can play this game - tried a few times - and same result -
    Next - set the date for today - 10/18 -
    to match the downloaded transaction - it stuck -
    and the transaction now showed Match -
    and the "next month" was correct for 11/16 -
    Just another page in this weird anomoly.

• Roger MRoger M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Yes, this is all very strange. In my case, some of my bill and income reminders get changed after I synch to the cloud. The reminders that seem to be affected the most are ones that are set to occur twice a year. The second occurrence usually gets shifted by one or 2 months. If I open the reminder, the dates appear in a strange format, for example, 6/0 , instead of 6/21/2020. After I fix the reminder, I run a validation, and there are no errors, so I don't suspect any problem with the data file.
    Needless to say, I am no longer synching to the cloud, or using the mobile/web apps.
    Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription **** Windows 10 Home *** Quicken user since 1996
    I have physical reminders for most of my Quicken Reminders....
    My only "on your own" type reminders are for Estimated IRS taxes, and a few other monthly automatic charges....   So - we can see the problems when they happen -
This discussion has been closed.