Home Quicken for Windows Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)

Bill Reminders skipping months - still not fixed after R23, R24, R25*

Answers

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you to those who have reported that issues with scheduled reminders skipping is still persisting.

We have re-opened this ticket with our Product Teams who are investigating further. 

A member of our Product Team may be in contact via email with those Users who are still experiencing issues and may ask to schedule a call with you to troubleshoot/investigate further.

If an email is received requesting to schedule a callback and you are willing to work with us, please reply to that email at your earliest convenience.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Quicken SangeethaSQuicken SangeethaS Employee ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

As Sarah mentioned above, we need your help to debug this issue. If you are willing to share a sanitized copy of your data file, please do so by clicking Help -> Sanitize Data File Copy and send the output file to us at below mail addresses

[email protected]
    [email protected]

Thank you in advance for your help.
  • lladnalladna Member ✭✭
    edited January 25
    I am having what i believe is the same problem. I have 2 auto loans and a mortgage that keep moving the payment reminders to June of 2020, and deleting any earlier instances. I have redone them many times (this has been happening over last 6 or so months, and I just now got irritated enough to look into it), and they end up going back.
    In fact, right after I posted this I decided to double check, and sure enough my Mortgage reminder had moved to July 2012. I just moved it back to February...we'll see how long that lasts.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • FGRT1p508WanCzPQFGRT1p508WanCzPQ Member
    edited January 25
    I too have the same problem for years, I saw the other various never ending comment threads on this have been shut down, assuming R22'ish might fix something. Just found my car payment had skipped a month again.

Only progress, it seems, is that I CAN actually reschedule the Next Due On date and it sticks. That's a first.

Not a threat/rant, simple truth: I will not pay for an accounting program that can't track a loan consistently. This is my last version if it's not fixed, I've already vetted several other viable replacements, and am running them in parallel.

A Sanitized Data Copy awaits [removed for privacy] @Quicken SangeethaS, [removed for privacy] @Quicken Ravi, as soon as they provide an FTP/Dropbox/Other way to get it to them. My email provider will not allow a 121.6 MB file to be attached.

(personal emails redacted - tags added)
  • mtn_livingmtn_living Member ✭✭
    This may have been fixed, see today's release notes (Feb 3 2020):

Before you install this update, we recommend you perform a One Step Update to ensure that your data is synced to the cloud. You should also make a backup of your data file.
    ***Fixed: An issue in which scheduled bill reminders were being skipped.***
    Fixed: An issue in which uploads of sanitized files were missing from customer feedback reports.
    Fixed: An issue in which users, when adding a new account, were seeing an online video and a QCard simultaneously.
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3
    This may have been fixed, see today's release notes (Feb 3 2020):
    It's mentioned in - R24.14 -

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
    Yes. Can you please try with R24.14 and let us know if that worked for you? Some of our volunteer users tested this build before we released and it seemed to fix the issue for them.
  • Lisa GalentineLisa Galentine Member ✭✭
    I downloaded R24.14 yesterday and corrected my moving payment reminders. They were shifted again this morning. Moved them back and within an hour they had changed again. So, not fixed for me. I got them correct the other day and PDF'd the list so I could monitor that way.
    Thank you Lisa. I'll reach out to you offline to see how we can debug your issue. If anyone else is still facing this issue, please post here. Thanks.
  • I am experiencing this issue as well. I am on R24.14 and it did not fix it for me. I would be happy to help debug.
  • Sid FleisherSid Fleisher Member ✭✭
    edited February 16
    If I pick a bill to be paid, that has a monthly recurrence, after it is paid, the new date is sometimes 2 and 3 months away. Same for weekly bills. Then i correct the date, and it does the same thing. I am worried i will miss a bill that Quicken should automatically advise me of but because of the random change, it gets lost in the future dates.
    edited February 16
    What version ..... Help --> About Quicken
    This was addressed in several forum discussions,
    and mentioned as fixed in a couple of Quicken Windows releases - latest is R24.14 -
    EDIT - updated topic title to better reflect the actual Q&A
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18
    ps56k said:
    What version ..... Help --> About Quicken
    This was addressed in several forum discussions,
    and mentioned as fixed in a couple of Quicken Windows releases - latest is R24.14 -
    I think this issue is still on going: [removed self-referencing link]
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
    suggested to Admin to merge this into existing and ongoing discussion
    mentioned above by @Sherlock
    I have a current Quicken Subscription. Using Windows 10. When I look up Help-About Quicken it says R19.8 and I keep getting updates. You are referring to R24.14. I thought I was current. How do I get the latest version?
    Didn't say using Quicken Premiere R19.8
    edited February 16
    When I look up Help-About Quicken it says R19.8
    What is the full text.....

You can always check and get updates by clicking ... Help --> Check For Updates
    You appear to be running Quicken 2017 -
    and it may restrict your online features later this year in April 2020

edited February 18
    Thank you for your help and assistance. I am a current windows subscriber. I get regular updates to R19 but this fix to the problems where it "bumps" the next pay date by 3, either months or weeks depending upon frequency isn't in the release I am running. How do I get the 2020 version?

(edited attached image to redact personal email)
    All of a sudden, all my copies of Quicken, (run it on 2 machines) in the About box now say 2020 and R24. I didn't do any update.
  • Cliff SCliff S Member ✭✭
    edited February 20
    I see based on the posts, that this issue has been happening now for years! (Removed-Rant)
    I have 2020, Version R25.10, Build 27.1.25.10
    For me, this started after I upgraded to the current 2020 copy of Quicken.

I have a couple scheduled bills that keep skipping the next scheduled date. One was bi-weekly, another quarterly. I deleted the scheduled bill and recreated it and it still happens to the same bill.
  • ProfileXProfileX Member ✭✭
    edited February 21
    > @Sid Fleisher said:
    > All of a sudden, all my copies of Quicken, (run it on 2 machines) in the About box now say 2020 and R24. I didn't do any update.

Can anyone else confirm that Quicken is silently forcing updates now? I run a custom script that modifies "C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Config\QUICKEN.INI" and keeps "Periodic_last_update" set to today's date so I can control when I update.
  • lladnalladna Member ✭✭
    edited February 20
    Here you go again. My mortgage reminder just moved out to August for no reason. Seems like we should be able to rely on our financial program to keep track of our necessary payments!
    And I just paid to re-up my subscription...
    Please fix this issue!!
    Now updated to R24.14. Problem with the next bill (on a monthly pay) skipping 2-3 months. Weekly income items, next income skipping 3 weeks. Doesn't look like a hard one to fix, yet it has survived close to a year without anyone being clever enough to catch it. Financial software can't be unreliable and this must be embarrassing.
  • kuhawksr1kuhawksr1 Member ✭✭
    Issues previously resolved with reminders skipping forward months has apparently reappeared in R24.14 Build 27.1.24.14
  • R25.18 change notes report a fix for this issue, however, I am still seeing this after upgrade. I have submitted a bug report.
  • MarauderMarauder Member ✭✭✭✭
    One of the original parts of the correction for this leaping was that you had to either start a new quicken file or drop all of your payees then re-add them into the tool.

If you have not done this then I would try. I followed this process and have not been plagued by this problem (knock wood). That is not to say that I should have had to take such a drastic action.

Quicken has known about this problem for some time. A LONG TIME. And I am just not sure why it has not been resolved. Part of the problem, in my opinion, is that their developers are not directly connecting to the community. That is the level of intervention needed.
  • wborwickwborwick Member
    It misses Bill's from scheduled list . I fix it and it keeps happening . Not always the same bill .
  • mac-notmac-not Member
    I am still having this issue with the latest releases. I simply can't trust this feature anymore, it has cause headaches for months now. I don't know who they have working on this code, but might be time to pass it one to someone else. If a I can find an alternate product I'm likely going to switch, and I've been a quicken user for over 20 years.
  • cbassolinocbassolino Member ✭✭
    Since the last update the due dates for all my bill and income reminders were off - they had advanced. Each time I attempt to adjust the date BACK, it advances ANOTHER MONTH. It is impossible to bring the date back to where I want it.
  • cbassolinocbassolino Member ✭✭
    Also, there seems to be a limit to being able to correct the dates. First, to adjust a June 1 due date, I have to make it April 1. Then when I adjust the next reminder, that first one change to May 1. It's a mess - nothing is consistent. How do I get this fixed?
This discussion has been closed.