Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Similar transactions don't both get matched on updating

Hi All.

This is been happening for a while. like months. just haven't had the time until now.
I'm running Version 5.12.4 (Build 512.29280.100) on a Mac running OS 10.14.6 .
Every month I have a few bills and ATM withdrawals that are the same exact amounts.
I enter the transactions manually and later I run the update to match the transactions.
Problem is that only one of the 2 or 3 gets matched. for example; a bill paid today at the same time with another or one yesterday and one today or a couple of days ago and another today. they are both $50.00 o what ever same amount. when I run the update accounts. only one gets matched and the other one never gets matched. or some times a payment that I made today. gets matched to the same amount payment that I made last month. again ignoring the 2nd bill that was also paid this month. The cash withdrawals I do at my local ATM machine have a limit of $200.00 at a time. so some times I have to make 2 or 3 withdrawals . One after the other and same thing happens. Only one gets matched.
This happens on 3 different checking accounts with 3 different banks.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello in2ndo,

Thank you for taking the time to post your issue to the Community although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

To be sure I'm understanding, are all the transactions downloading just one isn't getting matched?

If you are able to see the 3rd transaction in the register, this may just need to be matched manually.

https://www.quicken.com/support/match-downloaded-transactions-manually-entered-ones

At this time there is no option to access any settings to manually override any settings regarding the matching process.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • in2ndo
    in2ndo Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello in2ndo,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to post your issue to the Community although I apologize that you haven't received a response.
    >
    > To be sure I'm understanding, are all the transactions downloading just one isn't getting matched?
    >
    >
    > -Quicken Tyka

Thank you for the reply Quicken_Tyka.
    I should have made that clear. My bad.

They’re not getting downloaded. Say I have two $100.00 transactions. Only one gets downloaded. Some times they get automatically matched and some times I match them manually. But only one gets downloaded. So there is always one left.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Thank you for the additional information.

This sounds more like a bank download issue then a matching issue if the transactions aren't downloaded to be matched at all, it is strange that this happening for 3 different financial institutions like you stated above.

Do you manually enter most transactions and then download or are these specific transactions only entered by hand?

On the other accounts do other transactions experience this trouble or are they only ATM withdrawal transactions?

Let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • in2ndo
    in2ndo Member ✭✭
    I manually enter most transactions. Most of them are scheduled so I just mark them paid. This happens with anything that has the same exact amounts. Credit card payments. ATM withdrawals. Makes no difference.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Thank you for that information.

There are two possible scenarios that could be causing this. One is that the transactions are matching incorrectly and giving the appearance that they are not downloading. The other is that the transactions are just not downloading.

I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting. If the transactions are not being downloaded and the connection method is Quicken connect, support has the ability to escalate this issue if this is the root cause.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Support will most likely want to create a test file and will need to collect the logs to determine if the transactions are included in the logs.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • in2ndo
    in2ndo Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply. I’ll contact them.
    At first some ware matching incorrectly. But than I realized that the tittles bar of the registers have an option for the bank ID or name of the payee. So now I make sure that I’m matching them correctly. And that the automated is doing the same.
This discussion has been closed.