unable to sync Chase and Discover accounts to cloud

Gerald DruffGerald Druff Member ✭✭
For quite some time now, I've been unable to sync my Chase and Discover accounts to the web. Running Win10 Pro v1903, fully updated, and Quicken 2019 R22.12.

I have 2 Chase CC acounts, same username and password. One step update works fine, so PW is correct. When I try to add these accounts to cloud sync, I get error cc503 - wrong password.

I have 2 Discover CC accounts, different usernames and passwords. Trying to add these to cloud sync I get error cc501 - system unavailable, try again later. It's been more than a month!

I have validated and supervalidated the file -- no errors. What now?

Best Answer

• Gerald DruffGerald Druff ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    The problem has now been resolved.

To summarize:

My Chase and Discovery accounts using Direct Connect were both working fine in One Step Update. Going to Bank & Web in Q, I got a cc-501 error for Discovery and cc-503 error for Chase when trying to add these accounts to my cloud backup.

I changed both Chase and Discovery accounts from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect. One Step Udate continued to work just fine; adding to cloud backup yielded cc-891 errors for both.

Changed both back to Direct Connect. While adding these accounts, I got a checkbox to add these accounts to my cloud backup. This worked!

I have no idea why this worked. It suggests to me that there's a bug somewhere in the Quicken code that adds accounts to the cloud via Bank & Web.

Answers

• jfclaguejfclague Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue with Discover. I was able to get Discover to work by switching from Direct Connect to Web Connect and now it works.
  • Gerald DruffGerald Druff Member ✭✭
    Changed both Chase and Discover from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect. Both are now reporting password errors, error code CC-891. All passwords are correct, working perfectly in One Step Update and when I connect to the website outside of Q.
  • Gerald DruffGerald Druff Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    The problem has now been resolved.

To summarize:

My Chase and Discovery accounts using Direct Connect were both working fine in One Step Update. Going to Bank & Web in Q, I got a cc-501 error for Discovery and cc-503 error for Chase when trying to add these accounts to my cloud backup.

I changed both Chase and Discovery accounts from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect. One Step Udate continued to work just fine; adding to cloud backup yielded cc-891 errors for both.

Changed both back to Direct Connect. While adding these accounts, I got a checkbox to add these accounts to my cloud backup. This worked!

I have no idea why this worked. It suggests to me that there's a bug somewhere in the Quicken code that adds accounts to the cloud via Bank & Web.
This discussion has been closed.