Bug report: Selecting payee from drop-down list doesn't always work correctly (Q Mac)

compusolcompusol Member ✭✭
When entering a new transaction, I start typing a payee name and a drop-down list appears with payees whose names match my typing. If I highlight the payee I want, it fills in the payee name in the register correctly. However, when I click "save", the payee name often changes to another payee from the drop-down list.
Quicken Mac Subscription, Quicken user since 2005

Comments

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @compusol

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

Please take a moment and review the information available here, and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using.

Please also let us know if behavior occurs when selecting Online Payees only or if this occurs with all Payees?  The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Sarah

• barbaraokbarbaraok Member ✭✭
    Happens to me all the time. All of mine occur with all payees (I do not use online paying through Quicken), type of few words, the list shows what I want, pick the one I want, hit save and then see that it picked another one from the list - often not something even close on the list. It is especially bad with transfers among the sub accounts I have set up. I have gotten so I just don't bother with the popup list but type the whole thing in and even then, it will often change to something else. Using 5.12.5 under Mojave OS. But had the same problem when running on the old computer under Sierra OS.
  • compusolcompusol Member ✭✭
    I am using Quicken Mac 2019 version 5.12.5 and the issue happens when selecting all Payees. I do not use Online Payees.
    Quicken Mac Subscription, Quicken user since 2005