Why is Unitus Community CU no longer available in list of institutions

Unitus Community CU all of a sudden started showing "zzz"in front of the name. Now today I go to download and get errors saying Express Web Connect support has been temporarily or permanently discontinued. I went to the accounts and deactivated the online setup, then when I went to reactive it, Unitus Community CU no longer is a choice in the list of available institutions. This all just happened this week and seems to be since the latest upgrade to Quicken from this week. I am on Quicken deluxe 2019, v R22.12, build 27.1.22.12

Answers

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason a financial institution no longer supports Quicken access is simply a financial decision without regard to negative customer impact. All financial institutions are required to pay a fee. Quicken Inc. does not decide which institutions to include/exclude.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
  • I spoke with Unitus support about this issue. I was told that the problem originated with Quicken and not them, but that Unitus is working with Quicken technical support to resolve the problem. Unfortunately, they also said they have not visibility into when the problem will be fixed.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I was told that the problem originated with Quicken and not them"
    Banks lie.  Here's another example of such. 
    What probably happened is that Unitus' contract expired ... and they neglected to renew it.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • gwj123gwj123 Member ✭✭
    Thanks all for the replies, I will just wait and continue to check back to see if the issue is fixed. In the meantime I will just have to manually export from Unitus and import into Quicken.
  • gwj123gwj123 Member ✭✭
    Well, this just gets even more frustrating, downloading from Unitus and importing into Quicken does not work either, when I try it says Quicken is unable to verify the financial institution. Why would they have to verify the institution if I am just to upload and exported file from the institution. If it was verified I would then expect the automatic download to work. I am paying the Quicken subscription fee for this purpose. If I end up having to manually type in all transactions, then there is no point in paying a subscription fee!! I know Quicken monitors this community, so they need to fix this!!
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's  time for a new CU.
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • gwj123gwj123 Member ✭✭
    I received the following message from Unitus today:
    "We are aware of the issue with Quicken and we are working to get this resolved as soon as possible".
    gwj123 said:
    I received the following message from Unitus today:
    "We are aware of the issue with Quicken and we are working to get this resolved as soon as possible".
    When the contract expired, which is what it appears happened, ALL ability to download from Unitus into Q also expired.
    Web Connect, where you initiate the download from Unitus' website is still a "download".  Q opens the downloaded data file and determines which bank/card/etc created it.  Then it determines if that bank/card/etc is a "Participating Financial Institution" at that time.
    Since Unitus' contract had expired ... it wasn't a PFI, so Q refused to import the file.
  • Here is the reply I received from Unitus today:

"Thank you for your message. We recently learned that Unitus was mistakenly removed from Quicken’s database. This was not supposed to happen, and it has caused a lot of headaches for our members. I do apologize for this. We are working with Quicken to restore Unitus to their database so you can once again export your transactions.

We hope to have full access restored very soon."
  • oldtimer44oldtimer44 Member
    I'm finding Unitus's responses on this issue very disappointing. Surely it should only take a matter of hours, not weeks, to restore the "database". If they have a contract with Quicken in place (meaning Quicken screwed up somehow with their database), then they should be demanding that Quicken fix this immediately. If they screwed up and let the contract expire, then why is it so difficult to put a new one into effect?
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19
    There is a Financial Institution file that gets downloaded to your Quicken software every so often that reflects ALL the potential downloading accts and their capabilities.
    This is what the file entry SHOULD look like for Unitus - from a week or so ago -
    but now, it is NOT FOUND in the Quicken file - tonight is 10/4/19 -
    SO.... when things are ironed out, and it is again included in the downloaded file,
    you will see it appear in the Quicken Add Account screens -
    and again be downloadable.
    02122    02122    02122    Unitus Community Credit Union    http://www.unitusccu.com    (800) 452-0900    http://www.unitusccu.com   
    ACTIVE        
    BANKING&WEB-CONNECT        
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT   

Quicken 2019 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • gwj123gwj123 Member ✭✭
    Thanks all for your responses, I did talk to Unitus, they are aware and are working on the issue. I am surprised it takes so long to fix something like this. We will probably never know who is actually responsible for removing Unitus, as I am sure either side is not going to admit fault. We just have to be patient now and wait for them to fix it, Unitus did tell me they would let me know once fixed, we shall see if they are true to their word.
    edited October 5
    gwj123 said:  We just have to be patient now and wait for them to fix it, Unitus did tell me they would let me know once fixed, we shall see if they are true to their word.
    You can also check within Quicken -
    by just starting the ADD ACCOUNT process,
    and see if UNITUS is listed as found -
    which basically just looks in the internally downloaded "FI" file.
  • Leslie RossLeslie Ross Member ✭✭
    Thanks everyone. I had problems accessing Quicken starting in July with the Unitus system change. And now this. Anyone recommend a good credit union in Portland that supports Quicken? I am so frustrated with Unitus.
  • sylvanosylvano Member
    I am looking at OnPoint CU myself. I never did get my Quicken download functionality restored after Unitus revamped their website in late June and now I have the exact problems described above. I've been downloading transactions from them into Quicken since they were Oregon Telco CU (maybe 2001?) , but I'm going to switch CUs if this doesn't get fixed this real soon.
    sylvano said:
     but I'm going to switch CUs if this doesn't get fixed this real soon.
    When you're closing the current account, be SURE to tell them why they lost a customer.
    Over the years, I've closed several account due to their poor interface to Q.
    Quite simply put, Q is more important to me than ANY particular bank/card/etc.
  • gwj123gwj123 Member ✭✭
    But do we know for sure if the issue was caused by Unitus or by Quicken???
    edited October 9
    gwj123 said:
    The FIDIR.TXT file on your computer lists all of the Financial Institutions that have signed the contract with Q to provide downloads.  Here's the current entry for Unitus.
    zzz-Unitus Community CU    http://www.unitusccu.com    (800) 452-0900    https://msa.intuit.com/banking/fimkt/termination/term_index_shutdown.ini    ACTIVE    BANKING&DIRECT    
    The zzz prefix means that Unitus WAS a Participating Financial Institution, but by Unitus' decision they are no more.  Either the contract expired and they declined to renew it, or they cancelled it.
    gwj123 said:
    Give it a rest - doesn't matter - it is no longer contracted and doesn't work - next -
  • gwj123gwj123 Member ✭✭
    I just received the below in an email from Unitus:
    You're getting this email because our records show you have used a Quicken account connected to your Unitus account in the past few months. If this does not apply to you, feel free to disregard this message.

Unitus is aware of an issue preventing you from sending transactions between uOnline and Quicken.

We have escalated this issue with both our vendor and Quicken so we can resolve it as quickly as we can for you. We do not have a specific timeframe for resolution just yet – if we attempted to offer one, it wouldn’t be true to us or to you. We will share more information the moment we have it.

In the meantime: Although Quicken does not allow you to import a CSV file, you can log transactions manually. We know this is not ideal but if you are interested in this interim option, you can follow the steps we’ve included below.

Here’s how to enter transactions manually in Quicken:

Select your Unitus Account on the left from Accounts column.
    Click on the empty transaction field at the bottom of your transactions list
    OR click File > Transaction and then select New.
    Enter the date, payee, and amount.
    Enter any other fields you’d like for this transaction.
    Click Save, found on the far-right side of the transaction column

As members, serving you is the reason we wake up in the morning. We are committed to restoring this connection as quickly as possible to make this simple and easy again, the way it should be for you. We are sorry to inconvenience you during this downtime.

Here’s where we would normally tell you to call our passionate Member Support Team with any questions you might have. However they will not be able to add any information on this topic right now. Our Digital Banking Team is fixing this, and as soon as we have reestablished the connection we will email you to let you know.

Sincerely,
    Your Unitus Digital Banking Team
    edited October 18
    Unitus' CYA email doesn't quite match up with the demonstrated facts. 
    The "issue preventing you from sending transactions between uOnline and Quicken" is that the contract expired or was cancelled.
    If it was a mere technical issue (on anyone's part), their ID wouldn't have the zzz prefix.
    The fix from the Digital Banking  Team is, simply and solely, to sign the contract!
  • learushlearush Member ✭✭
    Wow - it's looking increasingly unlikely that they're going to renew the contract. I've been calling every couple of business days to ask if it's been done. Up to the 15th, the reps would some version of, "we're working on it". Today it's, "I don't know what you're talking about. Let me refer you to your local branch" where there's no appropriate option if I don't have an extension number, which I don't. Wow.

I'm disappointed to have to leave. I have a very cool round-number account number, and I've been with them since the turn of the century. However, many credit unions, one Quicken.
    learush said:  I'm disappointed to have to leave. I have a very cool round-number account number, and I've been with them since the turn of the century. However, many credit unions, one Quicken.
    You might try on other media - also letter to the upper mangement...
    Then - Twitter & FB and other social media - if they are on those -
  • learushlearush Member ✭✭
    > @ps56k said:
    >
    > You might try on other media - also letter to the upper mangement...
    > Then - Twitter & FB and other social media - if they are on those -

Good point. I haven't looked at their FB page for a while. Thanks
  • oldtimer44oldtimer44 Member
    I wrote Unitus earlier today to say I would be closing my accounts at the end of the month if the Quicken issue is not resolved by then. Here is the reply I received.

"Thank you for your message. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. The new update will be released very soon to resolve the Quicken issue. Thank you for being very patient with us. Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day!

-Ruth, Member eSupport Team
    Unitus Community Credit Union"

Maybe I'm being naive, but it does sound to me like they truly are trying to get downloads working again. Just wish they could be a little more specific, and not keep saying "very soon".
    "The new update will be released very soon to resolve the Quicken issue."
    More nonsense CYA from Unitus.
    There is NOTHING that indicates that this is a technical issue.  Unitus either failed to renew the contract, or cancelled the contract with Q ... as indicated by the zzz prefix in their FIDIR.TXT entry.
    I suppose that they COULD have cancelled the contract in order to make the "new update", but that actually makes very little sense, because FI's are updating their websites all the time without cancelling the contract.
    It could be that they are upgrading their Quicken download capabilities - and basically cancelled the old contract, and are creating a new one with different "terms" and capabilities.
    From the old FI info file -
    02122    02122    02122    Unitus Community Credit Union    http://www.unitusccu.com    (800) 452-0900    http://www.unitusccu.com   
    ACTIVE        
    BANKING&WEB-CONNECT        
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT