It seems that check numbers are not retained during sync.

When I enter a check transaction in Quicken Mobile 5.16.2 for iOS, the check number is lost after the entry is synced. When that transaction is transferred to Quicken Mac 5.12.5, the check number does not appear in the transaction. On Quicken Mac, the check number is retained after sync. The check number does not get transferred to Quicken Mobile, however. This is a recent problem that I first saw today (9/28/19), but not two weeks ago. I think that there have been new releases of both Quicken Mac and Quicken Mobile during that time. It seems that the problem is more related to Quicken Mobile than to Quicken Mac. Finally, this problem happened with at least 5 checks, so it appears to be a consistent problem.

Best Answer

Answers

• sssincsssinc Member
    I am having the same issue. Was just on with support and they didn't have any knowledge that it was an issue.
  • Jerry RyanJerry Ryan Member ✭✭
    I am seeing same thing but discovered it had nothing to do with syncing. If I create a new transaction on mobile app, type in a check number, then save the record...it saves everything except the Check Number. If I go right back into transaction I just saved, there is no check number. Replicated this on mobile app on my android phone & tablet.
  • That's right. It is not a sync problem. It is a mobile app problem. Check numbers are not saved by the mobile app on my iPhone. And, yes, it is a recent problem. It would be reasonable to expect this bug to be squashed easily and soon, but the Quicken person who responded wasn't making any promises.
  • Jerry RyanJerry Ryan Member ✭✭
    edited October 20
    [removed - violation of Community Guidelines]
  • cpacampercpacamper Member
    I'm running version 5.16.2.

The check number field has disappeared from "add transaction".

Furthermore, in the mobile app, when I edit the check number field in a recent transaction synched from Windows desktop, the edit does not synch from mobile to desktop.

What am I doing wrong?
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9
    Hello Cpacamper,

Thank you for taking the time to post your issue to the Community.

I have moved your post to the ongoing thread for this issue.

What you are seeing is a bug, it has been acknowledged and is currently being worked on.

At this time I don't have any more information or an update aside from what was posted by Quicken Sarah above.

You may bookmark this conversation in the top right-hand corner and you will be notified of any changes or updates.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka