Why is quicken crashing after an update a few days ago?

Quicken did an update a few days ago and now all it will do is open for about 3 seconds and then crash. I took a screen shot of the crash report details if someone wants to see them.

Best Answer

Answers

• lovnit67
    lovnit67 Member ✭✭
    Here are the details
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I would suggest opening Quicken in safe mode by holding down Ctrl while selecting the Q icon until Quicken opens to the blank home page. Once opened you can run a File>File Operations>Validate on your current data file. Hopefully, it will uncover and correct the issue and report the findings.
     user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 21H1
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    First off, there's an Either/Or/Both question here.
    Is your program corrupted?  Is your Data corrupted?  Both? Both is unlikely, but possible.
    @GeoffG is pursuing the data corruption path.  Report back how his suggestion worked ... and we can pursue the Program corruption option.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • lovnit67
    lovnit67 Member ✭✭
    So @GeoffG thing didn't work. I still get the exact same crash report when telling it to validate my data file
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The next thing would be to reinstall the Quicken app. The mondo patch which is a complete install vs. incremental is available from the link below.

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 21H1
  • lovnit67
    lovnit67 Member ✭✭
    I have been uninstalling and reinstalling the app and trying that link and not trying that link and every time i open the program it crashes. EVERYTIME!! Im so frustrated right now. Not sure what to do next.
This discussion has been closed.