Expense categories not showing on Planning Screen

I have a budget setup that I created in Quicken 2013. I'm now using the Quicken Delux Subscription for Windows and when I go to the Planning Screen all I can see are my income, pay cheque and loan categories. None of the expense categories are showing. If I run a budget report all the expense categories that I have included in my budget are there. But because they won't show up on the Planning Screen, in either Annual or Graph view, I can't change them. Is there a view setting I'm missing in the new Quicken?

Best Answer

• Accepted Answer
    Just spoke to Quicken Support. Ran a Super Validate on my file and now everything is showing correctly.

Answers

• ScooterlamScooterlam SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to recreate your budget in the planning tab,  you can add/modify categories (and accounts) under the budget actions pull-down. See image.

A change from Q2013 is that Quicken now allows you to select or deselect accounts in your budget.  So, you will have to consider what categories and accounts your will include/exclude in your new budget.

• The appropriate accounts and expense categories were selected in my original budget but not showing on the Planning Screen (they were showing when I ran a budget report). I've since deleted that budget and started from scratch with a new budget. Selected the accounts, income categories and expense categories I want to include. But still only income categories are showing on the Planning Screen (and when I run a budget report both income and expense categories are showing).
  • timdgray76timdgray76 Member
    Accepted Answer
    Just spoke to Quicken Support. Ran a Super Validate on my file and now everything is showing correctly.
This discussion has been closed.