How can I prevent 12/30 and 12/31 begin entries on custom dates when only seek 12/31 entry??

When entering custom dates for acount balances report, I typically request as a starting date entry of December 31st in a stated year. Report generates additional unwanted December 30th column in that same (beginning) year. What needs to bedone to prevent this unwanted column from appearing?

Best Answer

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recall seeing this. You will always get the previous day's balance as reference in Quicken. Try using the first or maybe second of the month to try and remove the unwanted day.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 21H1
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you show us an example of such a report, please?

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the image.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots
    To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361
    Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.
    To attach the image here, start composing your reply in the "Type your comment" box at the bottom of this webpage. Drag and drop the image or, at the top of the text entry window you'll see a row of icons beginning with B I S
    Click the "Attach image" icon (the one that looks like a tiny landscape with mountain and sun). It will allow you to select and upload the captured image file(s) from your computer. The captured image(s) will be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an old bug. Not sure if it's a code error or a design flaw. You have to tweak the starting date until it shows what you want. Here's a capture for @UKR showing the extra first column. I gave it 12/31/18 as the start date.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
This discussion has been closed.