Complaint about support tec[h] (Forgive me - I don't know if this is server delay or 1st Q. lost

silenussilenus Member
I have had extensive experience in both personal and business computing. I am often referred to a second level support person, but I have never before felt constrained to complain about my treatment by a support person. I had an interaction Quicken support on 9/27/2019. I know the name of the rep and approximate time of the call which was quite disappointing. The rep said “I know what I am doing.” but was clearly reading from a script and had NO idea how Quicken is supposed to work. What is worse she deflected questions about a secondary problem, was brusque and bordered on rude. Looking at things the following day I was able to fix them and things DID work as I expected. An e-mail to [email protected] bounced back. I do not want to supply extensive details here if it is not the correct place or my concerns will not be taken seriously. Exactly where should one e-mail, call, or snail mail about this?
Tagged:

Answers

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken Sarah I'll bring this to the attention of a Quicken moderator.

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @silenus

My name is Sarah and I am a Moderator in the Quicken Community and an official representative of the Quicken Support team.

I appreciate your taking the time to share some details of your recent interaction with Support, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue, but I would like to look into this matter further and review the case notes and call recording.

Unfortunately I was not able to locate a recent case in our Support system associated with your Community Profile email address, I apologize.

Were you provided with a Case Number for the contact?  If so, please let me know what the case number is.

If not, I will reach out to you privately to request some additional information to help locate the case details.

Please let me know, thank you.

Sarah

• silenussilenus Member
    edited October 1
    Sarah - Sorry, I thought this might cause some problems. The account is under [email removed]. I was given no case #. I do not monitor that address regularly. The rep's name was Barbara. The call was at 4-5 PM ET on 9/27. A QFX file would not import. Among other things she said this was because the register was up to date. The transactions should appear in a new window and it is up to the user to accept them or not. This is what happened when the problem was resolved. I won't go into my extensive computer training. It may or may not matter.
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @silenus ,

You forgot to include the telephone number that you dialed for Quicken Support.
    Right-Click on Quicken Sarah in the Gray Bar and click to open in a New Tab. In the new Window click on Message to Message Quicken Sarah with the telephone number, rather than posting on the board, unless it is a Quicken Support number.

Hi @silenus

Thank you for that additional information.  I've sent you a private message so we can look into this matter further.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • silenussilenus Member
    Forgive me Sarah. I see nothing that says "message." I called the "usual" Quicken support number (650) 250-1900 from https://www.quicken.com/support#windows :'(
    Hi @silenus

I apologize for the confusion, I received your response with the requested information and was able to locate the interaction in our system.

I am in the process of reviewing the call and will reply to our Private Message with additional information once I've completed the review.

To access our Private Message, scroll to the very top of the Community and click on the "Inbox" icon and select our conversation.

I hope this information is helpful and appreciate your patience while I am investigating this matter.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.