Enhancement Request: Add "Printer Setup ... For Printing Checks" to the Toolbar options

I have multiple checking accounts, and when I am about to print checks, I have to go "File -- Printer Setup -- For Printing Checks" to make sure it is configured correctly (e.g. portrait vs centered) for the checks I'm using. I have "Write Checks" on my customized toolbar -- it would be good to have a "Printer Setup Checks" on the toolbar right next door.
5 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's take this a step further ...
    What would you think about this:
    Add a Setup button to this Select Checks to Print dialog
    When done with Setup you are returned to this dialog.

What do you think?

----------------------------

Vote on this Idea!

If you would like to see this enhancement made in a future version of Quicken please don't forget to vote on it. Locate the big blue box near the top of this webpage (or page 1 for long discussions) and click the "Up" triangle under the voting count.
    Wait a moment for the vote count to be registered and updated before you continue.
    The little triangle changes from grey to black when you have registered your vote.

Every vote counts!

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    An even better solution would be to associate check printing setup with each account from which checks are printed. Currently, it’s a global setting. If Q knew to use wallet checks with Account A and voucher checks with Account B, problem solved - without the need for repeated manual setup.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Jon8
    Jon8 Member ✭✭
    No -- I prefer the simple solution of adding "Printer Setup -- For Printing Checks" to be added to the list of commands that can be added to the customized toolbar. I need this, and it should be fairly easy to implement.
  • Jon8
    Jon8 Member ✭✭
    No, I don't like the addition of a "Setup" button to the "Select Checks for Printing" dialog because a) I never see this dialog, and b) "Select Checks" is also not a button that can be added to the customized toolbar. Indeed, there are a lot of commands that cannot be added to the toolbar, and for me, "Printer Setup ... For Checks" is the most needed one. How does one get to the "Select Checks" dialog?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using different styles of checks for different accounts? Or are you using different printers requiring different setups?

My 2cents' worth:
    I use Voucher Checks (1 business size check + 2 stubs on an 8.5x11" sheet). My printers do not have a manual feed tray or 2nd paper tray that can easily be reconfigured to feed partial pages (1 or 2 checks left from a 3-checks-per-page sheet), so for my occasional check printing needs Voucher Checks are easiest to use.
    When making a purchase decision for a new supply of check forms and considering your own check stock to use, consider how easy or difficult it is to feed special forms or odd-size partial pages into your printer.