Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Register Configuration

I have budgeting and scheduled payments auto recorded on my register for 90 downs out. I would like to be able to have the checking register open at the current date instead of the end of the register to avoid having to scroll up a hundred or more line items.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019 Accepted Answer
    Did you mean to say "90 days out" or "90 days in advance"?
    Are these transactions "real register transactions" or are you looking at future dated scheduled reminders?
    If these transactions still are future dated reminders, you can control how much of these are shown in the register "as if they were real transactions".
    Clicking the little clock icon in your register (or, if this icon doesn't exist, click the gear icon and select Reminders to show in register) select the number of days in the future to show reminders in your register.
    OTOH, if you have overloaded your register with several screens worth of future dated real register transactions, to position the register to today's transactions please do this (Note: the register must be sorted by Date!):
    • press CTRL+G.
    • Select today's date in the popup (press "t" to change the date to today, use other date keyboard shortcuts to select the desired date, e.g., "m" to go to the 1st of the month, or type the desired date)
    If you really did overload your register with future dated transactions, I recommend you stop doing that. Use Scheduled Reminders to remind you of future transactions due a number of days ahead of time. That's what they are there for. Don't auto-enter reminders unless you're sure they are always the same amount and need no further attention.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019 Accepted Answer
    Did you mean to say "90 days out" or "90 days in advance"?
    Are these transactions "real register transactions" or are you looking at future dated scheduled reminders?
    If these transactions still are future dated reminders, you can control how much of these are shown in the register "as if they were real transactions".
    Clicking the little clock icon in your register (or, if this icon doesn't exist, click the gear icon and select Reminders to show in register) select the number of days in the future to show reminders in your register.
    OTOH, if you have overloaded your register with several screens worth of future dated real register transactions, to position the register to today's transactions please do this (Note: the register must be sorted by Date!):
    • press CTRL+G.
    • Select today's date in the popup (press "t" to change the date to today, use other date keyboard shortcuts to select the desired date, e.g., "m" to go to the 1st of the month, or type the desired date)
    If you really did overload your register with future dated transactions, I recommend you stop doing that. Use Scheduled Reminders to remind you of future transactions due a number of days ahead of time. That's what they are there for. Don't auto-enter reminders unless you're sure they are always the same amount and need no further attention.
This discussion has been closed.