Home Quicken on the Web Using Quicken on the Web
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Reconcile Options

You appear to be able to manually reconcile individual entries in the Web version but not the whole statement.

In the full version on the Mac you can initiate a reconciliation from a bank statement

My question is if I reconcile most or all of the individual transactions as they happen what happens? By that I mean that if a week goes by and I download a quicken import file from my bank, it is going to include transactions I have already downloaded. does it ignore the reconciled transactions or do I need to narrow the date range to outside of the dates I have already reconciled

Comments

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I think you are misinterpreting the meaning of reconcile vs cleared. A downloaded transaction (regardless to where) can be a cleared transaction, but is not reconciled. You can only reconcile a set of transactions against a known authority, typically a bank statement or as I prefer an online balance.
    The mobile version does not currently provide any tools to reconcile an account.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • lsrpm1964lsrpm1964 Member
    ok, but regardless of that if my quicken includes the initially imported data, plus a few manually entered entries, what happens when I download another report and attempt to import that. There will be some transactions that were already downloaded and imported. What does Quicken do with that?
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can update daily (load data) and that creates the account register entries. If you manually reconcile, then once a month you compare what's in Quicken to what the bank statement says.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
This discussion has been closed.