Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Validating File

I am having to validate my file almost every day to reset and open the file. The validation shows no errors and the file will work after validation. Why is this problem occurring? I do have the error reported to windows prior to validation.

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should detail what you interpret as a need to validate daily. This is not standard practice and is not recommended.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the error reported to windows prior to validation?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I am having to validate my file almost every day to reset and open the file.
    Why - what happens when you try to open the Quicken data file ?
    What does this other part mean ....
    I do have the error reported to windows prior to validation.
    What version - Help --> About Quicken
    Where is the Quicken file stored - are you using any cloud storage like OneDrive, DropBox, etc for the Quicken file -

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • There is no error code. The program locks up and I have to close the file. As a result of closing, the program states that Windows has been notified. I the due a validation of the file, and the file works properly.
  • version R22.12 - Not stored on the cloud
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the real question is "Why does the program lock up?".

Are you doing anything specific when the program locks up?
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    version R22.12 - Not stored on the cloud
    Are you saying you specifically have disabled ALL cloud sync function?
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • No - The program looks like it is ready to run, but first screen touch puts it into a wait state, and I wait for 5 minutes or so. Hit the screen again and windows questions whether to continue to wait for the program to respond or close the program. When I close the program, I am informed that Windows will be notified of the problem.
  • Never enabled the cloud.