CC 502 error with Chime bank

About 2 weeks ago began receiving cc 502 error when downloading transactions. Error is only for my Chime Bank accounts.

Answers

• Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

In case of CC-501, 502, 503, 506 errors from a single bank deactivate all accounts with this bank using the same bank logon ID, including any old, long closed, hidden and forgotten accounts that might still be activated. If you miss one, the server involved in handling Express Web Connect - connected accounts will not start with a clean slate and you will continue to have problems. When done, restart Quicken and reactivate accounts.

To deactivate an Account

Go to Tools > Account List.
    Click Edit for the account you need to change.
    Click Online Services tab.
    If the account has been activated for Online Bill Payment, deactivate this service first.
    Click Deactivate button in Online Setup box.
    Repeat for any other accounts that need to be deactivated.
    Restart Quicken to make sure that the changes are fully applied.

To (re-)activate accounts for downloading

Create a backup of your Quicken data file. This is a restore point, should something go horribly wrong during the next steps.
    If you normally automatically accept downloaded transactions into your registers I recommend you turn this feature off now. The first transaction download after every activation will download 60 - 90 days worth of transactions into your account(s). Auto-accepting them will most likely create a horrible mess that's difficult to undo. You're better off manually reviewing and accepting or deleting this first batch of downloaded transactions, one by one.  Go into Edit / Preferences / Downloaded Transactions. Remove the checkmarks from both "After downloading transactions" settings.
    Go to Tools / Add Account to reactivate the accounts. As you go thru the setup process, Quicken will identify all accounts it can download.
    Select an account type, e.g. Checking
    Enter the name of your bank and click Next.  Some banks have multiple choices, Consumer vs. Business accounts, Express Web Connect vs. Direct Connect. Be sure to pick the correct one.
    Enter your credentials, select Save this password (if using password vault) and click Connect.

You should now see a list of all accounts found at your bank that you can activate. If you are activating an existing account, make sure the dropdown button for that account says LINK. If it says ADD, change it to LINK and select the correct Quicken account.  If it already says LINK, click the button and select the correct existing account register. If you do not do this, then the account will be added as a new account instead of being linked to the existing account register.

Repeat this step for each account listed.
    Change ADD to IGNORE for any account on the list that you do not want to activate at this time. You can always come back and activate more accounts later.
    Click Next to continue.

Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • JazmunJazmun Member ✭✭
    edited October 7
    > @tjawad said:
    > About 2 weeks ago began receiving cc 502 error when downloading transactions. Error is only for my Chime Bank accounts.

So I am not freaking crazy??!!!

I have done every single thing possible to get Chime to start working again and still nothing. I have deleted all files, restarted over from complete scratch, talked to Quicken support who just told me that it was a server issue on Chime's side, and talked to Chime support who had no idea about anything. Chime Bank has stopped working for (edited) too. Chime Bank seems to work just fine for (edited). I think there may be a secret Intuit issue happening.
  • eoy19eoy19 Member
    I have just Installed Quicken for Windows and have been connecting accounts. When I got to my Chime Banking account, it would not connect, giving this CC-502 error noted above. However the resolution above is useless as everything is new for me, there is no OLD account to deactivate. So... this is a Quicken development problem. I have attempted to get assistance through Quicken chat but that was useless, all the 'tech' could give me is the same solution above although is clearly wasn't a match to the my situation. I'm already guessing free support is worth less than I'm paying for it? Maybe if I pay for PREMIUM support?
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • JazmunJazmun Member ✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > @eoy19 ,please read and follow instructions: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-updating-accounts-cc-502

I have tried this resolution several times and it doesn't solve anything. Its a QB issue.
  • JazmunJazmun Member ✭✭
    > @Jazmun said:
    > > @UKR said:
    > > @eoy19 ,please read and follow instructions: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-updating-accounts-cc-502
    >
    > I have tried this resolution several times and it doesn't solve anything. Its a QB issue.

Correction: Intuit issue.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review a download log file on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
      https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and select Chat or Phone support.
      Phone support is only available during posted business hours. The phone number can found at this website.
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018/2019 Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account  (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support"  when you log in with your Quicken ID.
    • To start Chat, your browser must allow popup windows from https://www.quicken.com
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.

• eoy19eoy19 Member
    Thanks for the responses. But, for any of you who just keep giving me the same KB articles, PLEASE read this. None of that will work as there is no Chime banking account or Chime banking transaction in Quicken yet!
    I am now on my sixth day of trying to ADD Chime banking FOR THE FIRST TIME to my Quicken file.
    Quicken support did finally contact me and we had about an hour troubleshooting session with no resolution. Now 24 hours later, no follow-up and likely won't be over the weekend.
    Since this is my primary bill pay banking account, if I cant us it, I can use Quicken. Too sad.
  • JazmunJazmun Member ✭✭
    > @eoy19 said:
    > Thanks for the responses. But, for any of you who just keep giving me the same KB articles, PLEASE read this. None of that will work as there is no Chime banking account or Chime banking transaction in Quicken yet!
    > I am now on my sixth day of trying to ADD Chime banking FOR THE FIRST TIME to my Quicken file.
    > Quicken support did finally contact me and we had about an hour troubleshooting session with no resolution. Now 24 hours later, no follow-up and likely won't be over the weekend.
    > Since this is my primary bill pay banking account, if I cant us it, I can use Quicken. Too sad.

I am in the same boat. I know for a fact that Quicken works with Chime because I brought this product in August 2019 and it worked with no issues. Before turning here, I obviously talked to support. They saw the logs. And after doing all the steps possible, blamed it on Chime's servers and maintenance. This is beyond frustrating. Chime is one of the fastest growing banks and is my main bank. The things I get with Chime makes me not want to switch to another primary bank. Chime worked with YNAB connecting to it with no problem. Chime "suddenly" stopped working with Quicken and Mint. I don't have Quickbooks but this is very clearly an Intuit issue. I have read and done every single support option given before commenting on this forum. This needs to be place in the Alerts section with support actively working on this instead of pretending this problem is not theirs. My only other option is to import the transactions by downloading the statements and converting but I wouldn't recommend doing that unless you want to spend about $50 on a pdf to qfx converter and hours matching things up.