Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Uncategorized transactions not showing up among "all transactions"

Uncategorized transactions not showing up unless I select specific accounts, e.g. checking account, specific credit card accounts.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Where are you seeing this? In a report or in the register?

What version of Quicken?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • huprichjim
    huprichjim Member ✭✭
    On Accounts page which lists "all transactions"

Version 5.12.5 (Build 512.29294.100) Quicken for Mac Deluxe 2019
  • jacobs
    So you're saying you're clicking "All Transactions" in the left sidebar, right? And uncategorized transactions are missing from the register screen?

I've tried a number of things, and I can't get Uncategorized transactions to not show up. 

Are you sure you don't have any filters (just above the column headings) set? 

(Is there a Clear Filters button there? If so, click it.)

• huprichjim
    huprichjim Member ✭✭
    No filters applied. I resolved the uncategorized transactions in each account so will need to wait until I get another to see if the problem still exists. I'll let you know. Thanks
  • jacobs
    I resolved the uncategorized transactions in each account so will need to wait until I get another to see if the problem still exists.
    It would be interesting if you created a dummy transaction with no category -- e.g. Uncategorized -- and then saw if it was visible in All Transactions. That's what I was trying, and it was working as expected. Could there be a difference between a downloaded Uncategorized transaction and a manually-entered one?
  • huprichjim
    huprichjim Member ✭✭
    OK, I manually entered a transaction without assigning a category. The uncategorized transaction showed up under the account from which it was entered but not under "all transactions". Thanks for your help
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello Huprichjim,

I am unable to recreate this issue. If I create an uncategorized transaction in any account I am able to locate the transaction under all transactions.

I am also using the same release of Quicken for Mac.

Can you include a screenshot that shows the transaction in the account and then a screenshot of it missing under all transactions?

For help posting a screenshot, please see the article below:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Thank you!

~~~***~~~
  • jacobs
    edited October 2019
    @huprichjim And you're certain the top of your All Transactions register looks like this:

The Transactions tab is pressed, and the filters are set to All Dates, All Accounts, and Any Status? 

If so, screen shots (with any data you don't want to share blocked out) would be helpful to figure out what's different in your data file than anything we can create.
  • huprichjim
    huprichjim Member ✭✭
    All setting are correct. I don't want to send any screen shots. Maybe I'll try reloading the program.
This discussion has been closed.