How do you associate a category with a payee in Quicken Mac

Using Version 5.12.5 Home&Business
Many of my payees are associated with categories after transfer from Quicken Windows a year or so ago. (Mac version is terrific by the way). However, some recurring payees are not automatically associated with categories. I cannot figure out how to do this.
Appreciate your help

tom
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• feivelfeivel Member ✭✭
    I don't believe this is yet possible in the Mac version. They VERY recently released an update that allows for payee rules that allow for fixed naming of payees on future transactions. However, these rules do not yet allow for an assigned of a category to a specific payee. I'm hopeful that this will come in the future.
  • tcoatestcoates Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the comment .. not sure it is remembering the last association either , but will watch the response more closely .. i remember from Windows verion that you could memorize the transactions .. so it will be great when this is implemented.
  • Dennis@1[email protected] Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 5
    What I'm now seeing is that if I enter a manual transaction, it remembers the previously used category. If I download transactions, it doesn't. 5.12.5.

Edit: I can't say with total certainty yet, but it seems the accounts that download via Quicken Connect vs Direct Connect have the errors I'm seeing. Categorization errors. Maybe the aggregation servers are handling categorization differently.
  • tcoatestcoates Member ✭✭
    All my accounts are downloaded, i rarely enter them manually. and some of them, in fact most of them are remembered, but these may be left over from accounts i uploaded when i converted from Windows to Mac about a year or so ago. When i edit new ones that are downloaded, they dont seem to stick.

It is a fairly small annoyance .. as it is not that hard to reassociate, but it would be great if this worked.
This discussion has been closed.