Set up a USD investment account (Q Win Canada)

David Reed
David Reed Member ✭✭
I know it can be done as I have done it in the past, but the add account process doesn't seem to have a spot to select the account currency and it defaults to CAD.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• BMJ
    BMJ Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    It's already there, I have account in multiple currency. You have to go in Investing -Add account, choose one of the 3 choice Brokerage, TFSA or Retirement( Dont need to be a real brokerage and this as no effect(To understand click the ? next to cancel and look at Add an investing account.
    Click NEXT and Click at the bottom Advanced SetUP. Click I want to enter my transaction manually, Click Next
    Give an account name and choose Personal transactions and Currency and Click Next and complete the process

Answers

• David Reed
    David Reed Member ✭✭
    I have Quicken Home & Business 2019 R16.22. Elswehere on this site I found a suggestion to go to Edit Preferences and select Multiple currencies, however that option doesn't exist. I have in the past set up accounts in USD on this file and they continue to work as expected.
  • David Reed
    David Reed Member ✭✭
    I should add that I setup a USD account as recently as April this year.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a shot in the dark ...
    Did you set this up as a "manual account" not connected for downloading? If you tried to connect this account for downloading, Quicken may try to connect you to a Canadian brokerage and make it a CAD account.
  • David Reed
    David Reed Member ✭✭
    Despite the fact that I was able to set up USD accounts in the past, this function is no longer available in the Canadian version of Quicken and shouldn't have been available in the past.

I don't understand why this feature is available in the US version of Quicken but not in the Canadian version.
  • David Reed
    David Reed Member ✭✭
    I have submitted a request via Report a Problem that multi-currencies should be available in Quicken Canada.
  • BMJ
    BMJ Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    It's already there, I have account in multiple currency. You have to go in Investing -Add account, choose one of the 3 choice Brokerage, TFSA or Retirement( Dont need to be a real brokerage and this as no effect(To understand click the ? next to cancel and look at Add an investing account.
    Click NEXT and Click at the bottom Advanced SetUP. Click I want to enter my transaction manually, Click Next
    Give an account name and choose Personal transactions and Currency and Click Next and complete the process
  • BMJ
    BMJ Member ✭✭
    I am using Quicken for at least 15 years using 2019R22.11
This discussion has been closed.