How can I respond to someone who answered my question ?

I see no way to message a specific member of the Community or to respond to a specific comment/answer.

Answers

• volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Just continue in the same thread.  They will get a notification there is a new post.
  • RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see no way to ... respond to a specific comment/answer.
    If you want to make clear to what you are replying, you can use the Quote feature (Quote button under every post) as I have done here. Please edit the part you quote down to only that which is relevant required for context.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Wilson WideawakeWilson Wideawake Member ✭✭
    > @RickO said:
    > (Quote)
    > If you want to make clear to what you are replying, you can use the Quote feature (Quote button under every post) as I have done here. Please edit the part you quote down to only that which is relevant required for context.

> Sorry, but the Quote option does not appear below the post I am trying to respond to nor is there any option to "continue the thread" or post additional comments. What makes this more frustrating is that the response specifically asks me to reply to questions posed in the response. Post was by "Quicken Tyka". Any further insights would be helpful.
    > @volvogirl said:
    > Just continue in the same thread.  They will get a notification there is a new post.

> Sorry, but there is no option to "continue the thread". Also, the Quote option does not appear below the post I am trying to respond to nor is there any option to post additional comments. What makes this more frustrating is that the response specifically asks me to reply to questions posed in the response. Post was by "Quicken Tyka". Any further insights would be helpful.
  • RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you give us the link to the thread in which you are trying to reply? Can you post a screenshot here of what you are seeing on the forum page? 

When volvogirl says "continue the thread", she is saying to just type your reply in the reply box at the bottom. It seems you know how to do this since you are replying here in this thread.

Here's what your post above looks like on my screen, with the Quote button circled in red:

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    If you can't add on to a thread maybe it is closed.  Can you paste a link to the one you want to reply to?  Copy the address and use the link symbol in the edit bar.  It's the one to the right of the smiley face.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

I believe the post in question is this one.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7861127/no-new-citi-transactions-after-successful-download-edited#latest

I had responded but, someone beat me to it so I just removed my comment. The comment still would have gone out as an email notification but wouldn't be seen on the thread.

The post is still open and can be commented on.

I hope this clarifies!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @volvogirl said:
    > Just continue in the same thread.  They will get a notification there is a new post.

> Sorry, but there is no option to "continue the thread". Also, the Quote option does not appear below the post I am trying to respond to nor is there any option to post additional comments. What makes this more frustrating is that the response specifically asks me to reply to questions posed in the response. Post was by "Quicken Tyka". Any further insights would be helpful.
    Hi @ "Wilson Wideawake" ,

See this FAQ: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

If you were to include your operating system and Quicken information in the same origination post, you would get ideas to try faster.
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I believe the post in question is this one.
    >
    > https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7861127/no-new-citi-transactions-after-successful-download-edited#latest
    >
    > I had responded but, someone beat me to it so I just removed my comment. The comment still would have gone out as an email notification but wouldn't be seen on the thread.
    >
    > The post is still open and can be commented on.
    >
    > I hope this clarifies!
    >
    > -Quicken Tyka

Hi, Tyka ! Thanks for getting back to me (I also heard from Quicken Sarah but she was unable to help much).

In answer to your specific questions ....

- No, I no longer was getting the "OL-301" error message as I did before (7 - 10 days ago).

- I have always used the "One Step Update" to initiate a transaction download. I have two cards with Citicards loaded into different "accounts/registers" in Quicken so I would initiate two separate updates with each "account" open on the screen in turn. The result produced no OL-301 error messages nor any other indication that anything had gone wrong in the process, except that when the "update complete" message/window was displayed (as normal), there were actually no transactions displayed in the download register at the bottom of the screen so nothing to "accept". The "date of last download" was also not updated (remained the same as before the One Step Update process).

- I have not tried the "Update Now" option to see if I get an error message - I suspect I would not given corrective actions taken under the direction of Quicken Support staff (see next paragraph).

- I believe the connection method was "Direct Connect" but I am not sure. After the corrective actions now taken (again, see below), the Account list screen shows "Yes (Improve Connection)" in the Transaction Download Column for both cards.

In the meantime, I actually contacted Quicken Support and spent almost 90 mins on the phone with a rep trying a number of things. I am afraid I failed to note the name of the rep but he was able (ultimately) to find a solution. See: Case # 7070798.

While it was quite difficult to follow and remember all the steps he tried with me, I believe the problem ultimately identified was that I had two Citicards coded to download from "Citibank", not "Citi Cards". While this coding has worked for many years, it seems that whatever changes Citicards have recently made makes it required to code the financial institution as "Citi Cards" not "Citibank". We had to "deactivate" the two cards in question and re-add them using "Citi Cards" as the financial institution and use the option to "link" the re-added cards to the old card "account/register". This immediately downloaded back transactions (about 90-days' worth) for the two cards. I have not attempted a "One-Step Update" to make sure it all works now as I (obviously) did not have any new transactions to download yesterday. I will test this at some point in the next week or so.

I hope this all makes sense to you - it may help others with the same problem. I would appreciate it if you could confirm receipt of this comment.

BTW, I find the "Community" difficult to use and not very intuitive. Plain old email would work better for me !
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Wilson,

Thank you for the response, I have been able to locate it :)

I'm happy to hear that things appear to be resolved.

Please let us know if the trouble persists when you update later on this week.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
This discussion has been closed.