Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

moving accounts

I have an account in "Property and Debt". I would like to move it to "Investing". How do I do that. Every help I look at starts with "go to tools". My Quicken Mac 2017 doesn't have "tools"

Best Answer

Answers

• Thanks RickO!
    I wonder if there is a way I could copy all my transactions from this account. Open a new account under "Investing". And paste the transactions?
    What do you think?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello Scottshank,

I went ahead and tested this out on my Quicken and I am able to highlight transactions from an asset or a loan account and drag them into a brokerage account.

You will want to add the brokerage account first.

Then, in the register with the transactions to move, you will want to hold "Command + A"  on the keyboard to highlight all of the transactions.

Then drag and drop the transactions into the brokerage account.

The transactions can't be moved back as transactions can't be moved from one brokerage account to another.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2019
    As Quicken Tyka says, drag and drop will work. Keep in mind though, that the transactions will come into the investment account as Payment/Deposit (cash) transactions. If you want show the holdings as securities, you'll need to add additional Buy transactions to turn the cash into securities.

And actually, the transactions can be moved back or to a different investment account, as long as they are of type Payment/Deposit. What cannot be moved between investment accounts is other type of investment transactions such as Buy, Sell, etc.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.