Does Quicken work with multiple Bill Paying banks simultaneously?

Why is the "New" button grayed out in my Online Payee list for a second bill paying bank I added? If I try to use an existing payee from the original bank the transaction isn't sent. No error messages, just the status remains as "send".

Answers

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @rayedusa

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

May I ask, what version and release of Quicken are you using?  (Help > About Quicken).

Was the second bill paying bank activated for bill payments?  If you aren't sure, please go to the Tools menu > Account List and click the "Edit" button to the right of the account name.

In the Account Details window that opens, select the middle tab "Online Services" and is there a "Set up now" button in the bottom bill payment section of the window or is there a "deactivate" button?

If the bill pay shows deactivate, which financial institution is the account held through?

Are you able to successfully send bill payment instructions for other Online Payee's or does this behavior happen with any attempt to send a bill payment from the second bill paying account?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • rayedusarayedusa Member ✭✭
    Hello Sarah:
    Thanks so much for responding, will my comments be publicly accessible?
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    rayedusa said:
    Hello Sarah:
    Thanks so much for responding, will my comments be publicly accessible?
    If I may chime in here ...
    everything you post here is open to the Community users. So, don't tell us your personal information, bank IDs and passwords and other confidential material. But you can tell us about your Quicken version and the name of the bank you are having issues with or any other information Sarah was asking about.
  • rayedusarayedusa Member ✭✭
    Thanks for verifying UKR.

Hello Sarah:
    Thanks so much for responding, I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back to this issue.
    I'll try to answer your questions the best I can.
    1) Quicken version 2019 Premier R22.17, build 27.1.22.17.
    2) Yes, the second account has been activated. I obtained a separate username and password from the institution for this.
    3) On the "Online Services" tab it has the "Deactivate" button. To the left, it says the institution "is set up for Online Bill Pay".
    4) The institution is a credit union on the list of available institutions.
    5) I am able to send (and have been for many years) payments through Quicken from my other bank, however, since recently activating this CU account for bill pay it hasn't worked. I am able to download all activity via "One Step Update" but, payments don't transmit. I have resorted to using their bill pay service through their website in order to get things paid.
    Very frustrating. Any insight/assistance would be greatly appreciated.