How do I unfreeze my Quicken 2017 Home and Business?

I was attempting to link a bill to Quicken and it froze. When I opened the Task Manager it said that Quicken was not responding. I restarted my computer thinking this would reset it, but now it will not open up.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you restore a backup: press the Ctrl key and open Quicken, select File > Find Quicken Files..., select the most recent backup of the data file and Open.
  • Sorry, this did not work. Everytime I open Quicken, then type in the password, all I get is the search circle. When it doesn't load, I check the task manager and Quicken is "not responding"
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    OK, we need to do a bit of exploring to determine the issue.
    Hold down the CTRL key while you click on your Q PROGRAM (not data) icon.
    Q should open to a nearly blank screen, with only the FILE and HELP menus available.
    Did that work?
    If so, you've probably got a corrupted Q data file, so use the FILE menu to RESTORE from a backup that you created before the problem started.
    If NOT, you've probably got a corrupted Q program ... so download and then install the Q 2017 Release 19.7 MONDO patch from here: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • I worked with a person from Quicken support for almost 2 hours. She ran me thru how many different things, and just when we had everything up and running, quicken just closed. The rep told me to hold while she contacted a supervisor to see if she missed something, and while on hold, the phone hung up. I am back to square one. I tried the last instructions, and still quicken "is not responding" is the message in the task manager. :s
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    I worked with a person from Quicken support for almost 2 hours. She ran me thru how many different things, and just when we had everything up and running, quicken just closed. The rep told me to hold while she contacted a supervisor to see if she missed something, and while on hold, the phone hung up. I am back to square one. I tried the last instructions, and still quicken "is not responding" is the message in the task manager. :s
    You COULD have told us all of this upfront.
    Call Q Support back and try again.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
This discussion has been closed.