Exceeded maximum number of datasets?

I see a few recent posts for this and it seems to affect Quicken 2017 and 2019.
The "answer" is to contact support.
Well I contacted support and this is what they said:

"Thank you very much for that information. In regards to the message you have been getting, this has nothing to do with your purchase or anything specifically with your account. This is a known issue that Quicken is aware of to be affecting all or majority of 2017 users. We are currently working on a fix but no ETA. We would ask for you to please give us some time while the issue is resolved. We are aware that this message is not affecting Quicken in any other way."

So perhaps this shouldn't be "marked as closed" and left open as a "top/known" issue? It seems rather odd to be told to contact support only to be told that there's nothing they can do and they're working on it.

Best Answer

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I don't recall seeing an explanation of what is happening with users...
    What is it ???
    Do you have a lot of .....
    - QDF files,
    - or accounts being Syncd to Quicken Cloud
    - or ???

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Kevin Hurni
    Kevin Hurni Member ✭✭
    One .qdf file
    There are 5 backups in the backup directory

Nothing being synced to the cloud at all (if you go into the Preferences and look at the cloud accounts it shows nothing).

Quicken Deluxe 2017
    Windows 10 Home Edition 64-bit

I noticed that the posts on this community regarding the issue seem to have suddenly appeared in Sept. of 2019 which leads me to believe it was a server/account issue. Yesterday, Chat (Carmen) had said after I uploaded proof of purchase for my Quicken 2017 that they could fix the account. So today when I re-chatted (Fredy) and gave the ticket #, to verify they got the upload, that's the explanation that was given regarding the error message in the ticket opened yesterday.
  • Hello Kevin Hurni,

Thank you for providing the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize for any frustration you may be experiencing.

Please take a look at this Support Article and let me know if it outlines the error that you are receiving. If so, I apologize that you were given incorrect information from Support.

Would you mind providing me with your case number(s) for any interaction(s) you've had with Quicken Support regarding this? I would like to review the details of those interactions for coaching opportunities that may be present. 

I do, however, have to refer you back to Support to get this fixed. Support has the tools to walk you through the process and complete the necessary steps in order to resolve the error. I suggest mentioning the above-referenced Support Article to the Agent to clarify the issue that you're experiencing. 

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• Kevin Hurni
    Kevin Hurni Member ✭✭
    So I've been able to narrow down my possible 'exceeded maximum number of datasets' issue to possibly this:
    Quicken Deluxe 2017
    R19.7 (mondo patch re-applied as well)
    Windows 10 64-bit Home

Edit ->Preferences -> Cloud Accounts shows:
    "we could not retrieve your cloud account information ....."

I followed this:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/configuring-firewalls
    and the section that says:
    "To determine if a firewall is blocking Quicken from accessing the Internet, on the Quicken Help menu, select Quicken Support. If you do not see the Quicken.com website, a firewall is blocking Quicken from accessing the Internet."

I DO see the quicken.com website, so thus that means a firewall is not blocking Quicken from getting to the internet.

Any other ideas that could cause this?

I don't use any online stuff (download stuff from banks, etc) so other than the constant annoying pop-up (it's not just on startup, it keeps happening as I *try* to work with Quicken).

Tech support chat said the "exceeded maximum number of datasets" is a Quicken 2017 program issue (not an account issue on their end).
  • Kevin Hurni
    Kevin Hurni Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken_Natalie said:
    > Hello Kevin Hurni,
    >
    > Thank you for providing the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize for any frustration you may be experiencing.
    >
    > Please take a look at this Support Article and let me know if it outlines the error that you are receiving. If so, I apologize that you were given incorrect information from Support.
    >
    > Would you mind providing me with your case number(s) for any interaction(s) you've had with Quicken Support regarding this? I would like to review the details of those interactions for coaching opportunities that may be present. 
    >
    > I do, however, have to refer you back to Support to get this fixed. Support has the tools to walk you through the process and complete the necessary steps in order to resolve the error. I suggest mentioning the above-referenced Support Article to the Agent to clarify the issue that you're experiencing. 
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Natalie

Hi Natalie,
    The error message is the same, but the reason (in the article) is not. There have never been any mobile data files/accounts and no online/syncing of any kind. The error comes up immediately after launching quicken and several times during the attempted use of Quicken.

I'll PM you the case # if that's OK, although not sure how. I'm actually doing this for my old boss (he's not very tech saavy). Otherwise I'll post the ticket # here.
This discussion has been closed.